Suppose you want to migrate a QuickBooks Online company file to a desktop version of QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Premier, or QuickBooks Pro Solution. In that case, you can use the Export Interview and simply follow the instructions to export either Lists and Transactions or Lists only.
In today’s article, we’ll go through the steps for exporting a data file from QuickBooks online to a desktop computer in detail. As a result, make sure to keep an eye on the post. Many users wish to migrate their data file from QBO to the desktop for various reasons. One of the main reasons for this may be that the desktop app has some advantages over the QB online version.
To export/convert a data file from QuickBooks Online to Desktop, follow the steps below.
Important: To convert your company register, we suggest using QuickBooks Administrator credentials.
Step 1: Configure Internet Explorer’s protection settings.
The user must instal protection software in Internet Explorer to import anything smoothly.
- The first step is to right-click the Internet Explorer icon and pick the option to run as administrator.
- After that, the user can pick the tools icon, as well as the internet options.
- The next move is to choose the choice for protection and trustworthy sites.
- Then choose Sites from the drop-down menu.
- Even add this website to the zone field option, type *.intuit.com *.qbo.intuit.com.
- The user must now ensure that the required server verification for all sites in this zone is unchecked.
- The next move is to close the window for trustworthy sites.
- Also, make sure that the box to allow safe mode is unchecked.
- Then select the Apply button, followed by the OK tab.
- The final move is to disable Internet Explorer.
Step 2: Configuring QuickBooks Desktop for Export:
- The user must right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon and select run as administrator in this process.
- If the user does not have a QB desktop installed, they can download a trial version to use for this reason.
- After that, make sure to look over the file and choose to work with a close company.
- Also, keep the QuickBooks desktop open while you finish the remaining steps.
Step 3: Getting ready to export data from QuickBooks Online
Open QuickBooks desktop in the edition you want to convert your company file to.
Don’t go any further. There is no Available Business window open, and no company file has been opened yet.
- Go to your QuickBooks Online account and sign in.
- After that, select Export Data from the Gear Icon.
- Now type in your reason for exporting your data and press the Continue button.
- Then, under Moving to QuickBooks Desktop, select the Learn more option.
- Under Download company info, select the Learn more option once more.
- Now, from the export overview screen, check your data before clicking Get Started.
- Select Install ActiveX control now and then follow the instructions to instal ActiveX.
- When the user is finished installing ActiveX, the user must select Finish.
- Pick the data you want to export as well, and then click the Continue button.
- Check the restriction and press the proceed button once more.
- After that, enter your contact information and click proceed.
When the data is ready to export, the user will receive an email. It could take a few minutes, or it could take hours for businesses with many transactions.
Step 4: Complete the data export.
To return to the export page and begin using QuickBooks online, the user will need to repeat a few steps.
- The first step is to go to the settings tab and select QB online export info.
- Then repeat Steps 2–5 in reverse order.
- Also, prepare to export the QuickBooks online info. Then, on the exporting from the QBO page, select continue to import.
Switch to QuickBooks desktop now.
- In QuickBooks desktop, make sure you’re on the no company open screen, and if you already have a company available, go to the file and select the close company option.
- The next move is to return to QuickBooks online and pick download.
- In the save your company file window, the user must also choose a place for the file to be saved.
- Then choose a location other than your Windows desktop.
- After that, the user must select the convert now tab when the download is complete.
- The user must assign the file a name and then select a place to save it to build a new QuickBooks file window. Often, choose a local device location rather than a network or hard drive.
- After the export is complete, select finished as the final move.
It’s essential to keep in mind that the process can take some time to complete. It does not mean that the export has failed only because it appears to be frozen. It will take a few minutes for the programme bar to move again after the user has given it some time.
If the status bar does not appear to be moving
- The user can look for an application certificate on the QuickBooks desktop. The following are the steps to take:
- The first step is to open the QuickBooks desktop icon from the taskbar in Windows.
- The user must then select yes each time the application certificate prompt appears.
- Selecting continue is the next step.
- The user must then click done in the confirmation window that appears.
To summarise, QuickBooks Desktop software helps you to manage the finances and accounts of a particular organisation. This blog is created to help you understand how you can convert the QuickBooks Online files to the QuickBooks Desktop version. I hope that this blog helped you in some way or the other and was worth the time.