QuickBooks is a well-known solution for accounting & bookkeeping and is largely preferred. Users can conveniently carry out their day-to-day business activities at regular intervals with this software.
You may be well aware of the QuickBooks database server manager as a QuickBooks user, or you must have heard of it at least once. It is difficult for many QB users to install, upgrade, and set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDSM).
We have thus come up with this post, keeping all those facts in mind, where we will learn how to configure the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to enable multi-user access.Not only this, but you’ll be briefed about downloading, upgrading, and setting up the database server manager in this blog. It is necessary to install this tool as well as recommended to meet the QuickBooks Desktop requirements. This QBDSM tool should be mounted on the device where the company’s QuickBooks Desktop files are stored.
Therefore, it could help you to learn more about QuickBooks database server manager by reading this blog. However, the user should make a call for expert advice and address the problem with our support team. Our team has years of experience and expertise in dealing with all types of QB problems.
What is QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
A very powerful tool provided by Intuit is the QuickBooks Database server manager. This tool helps the user to organise multi-user applications. Installation of the Database Server Manager is necessary, as without it, various versions of the QuickBooks desktop can not be used by the user. In addition, the QuickBooks server database manager allows the user to make efficient use of QuickBooks desktop applications and also allows users to construct network data files (.ND) with any host computer company file. In this blog, we will brief you about the procedure for setting up a multi-user QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDSM).
Steps to install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
In this method, there is a list of steps involved that we will discuss one by one. Let us take a look:
- To begin with, the user must double-click the QuickBooks installer and then open the “Installation Setup Wizard.”
- After that, when the device is on the Internet and prepared to download an update, select the ‘Next’ option. Pick the “No” icon otherwise, then click the “Next” button.
- And then the active programme is shut down, followed by hitting the “Next” button.
- The user can read the terms of the “Software License Agreement” after that. Select “I accept the terms in the licence agreement” later on, then select the “Next” tab.
- It is then appropriate for the user to select the “Custom or Network Options” icon.
- And then, tap on the form of setup:
- Pick ‘I’m going to use QuickBooks on this machine AND I’m going to save it’… if you’re going to run the QuickBooks software on this computer.
- Pick ‘I’m NOT going to use QuickBooks on this machine,’ if you’re just going to store details about QuickBooks on this computer.
- Pick the ‘Yes’ icon now, and then press Activate Access.
- Enter ‘License Number and Number of Product’ (the text at the bottom of the window lets you know where to look for this).
- To complete the installation, obey the on-screen instructions.
- After it has been installed, set up the Database Server Manager.
- You must configure the permissions for your firewall.
- Upgrade Database Server Manager Finally.
Customise settings of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
If the user doesn’t want to make use of the default settings, the user should customise the database server manager. The measures which should be followed are:
- Opening the Windows Start menu is the first step.
- And then, in the search bar, type the service option and open it.
- Check and open QuickBooksDBXXX after that (XX is the version number)
- Next, navigate to the general tab and then locate the section for service status. If it starts or is going, click the stop button.
- The next move is to pick the automatic option from the drop-down menu of the starting form.
- And then login to the tab and select the option for the local device account.
- The user must navigate to the recovery tab and then pick the service restart option from each of the following drop-down menus: first failure, second failure, and subsequent failure.
- The last move is to go back to the general tab and start restarting the database server manager afterwards.
To End With
To conclude the blog, we would suggest that QuickBooks users follow the above steps to install, update, set up, and use the QuickBooks server manager database. If the user faces any issue related to the database server manager, the user can openly contact the QuickBooks company support specialists at QuickBooks Desktop Error Support.
Our team of QB experts and trained professionals can help users deal with any form of QuickBooks-related issue. Hope that this blog helps you in some way or the other and worth the time that you’ve spent here reading this.
About the author
Spread the word about us. Share if you Like this article 👍.