QuickBooks desktop software simplifies managing the books and accounts of a particular organisation. The software is full of features and functions that make managing the accounts so easy. The backdrop or the disadvantage that the software has is that it gets attracted to the different issues and errors that may annoy you and can waste a lot of your time and money at the same time. But that is not the end of the world, and you can fix all these issues by using the tools like QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub that are available at the official website of Intuit.
Talking about the errors, QuickBooks Error 6073 is an error that has been often reported by its users. The error 6073 mainly occurs because the Company File has been left open on the workstation and the server PC.
In this blog, you will get to know more about the QuickBooks Error 6073 and its other aspects also the root causes and the fixes of the same will help you fix the error without anyone else’s help.
QuickBooks Error 6073
Like written above, the QuickBooks Desktop software is prone to errors and, the QuickBooks Error 6073 is one of them. The error mainly occurs when you try to access a Company File from your server PC which is already open on one of the workstations.
To understand any error better, you must learn about the root cause of the same. This will identify the QuickBooks Error and tell you the exact reason behind the same that will fix the error in no time, so please read the next segment very carefully.
Root causes of QuickBooks Error 6073
Root causes can simply be defined as the main reasons that may help you fix the error you’re facing, which is annoying and taking a lot of your time. The root causes of QuickBooks Error 6073 are as follows:
- Like already mentioned, error 6073 mainly occurs when the admin tries to access a Company File which is already open on one of the workstations.
- The QuickBooks Error 6073 can also occur because of another network folder used as the Company File location you are trying to access.
- Files hosted via a different server such as Linux that are not accessible until you don’t put your login credentials can also lead you to the QuickBooks Error 6073.
- If one of the Company File is accessed by one of the remote software such as Teamviewer, Anydesk and VNC connect, etc., it can also lead to the QuickBooks Error 6073.
These are the main reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 6073. Now that you know the root causes you must learn how to fix the same, and that is what our next segment will help you with, so please read it very carefully.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6073
All the errors that occur while working on the QuickBooks Desktop software can be resolved using the QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub, one of the official tools available on the Intuit website. To fix the QuickBooks Error 6073, please follow the given means:
- If you are getting the error because of the Company File which is open in the single-mode user in another workstation, to do that please follow the steps that are as follows:
- Please ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop software is not running on your PC.
- Now you need to open your Company File on the server PC.
- Open the File Menu option and then select the Switch to Multi-User mode.
These are the few steps that will help you fix the error, and please make sure that you restart your server PC and the workstations connected to the same. If you are still getting the same issue, you can go to the next solution.
- If you are facing the issue because of the Company File, which is open in the single-user mode on the server PC, you must follow the given steps that are as follows:
- Open the File Menu and then select Close the company option and then open the Company File.
- Go again to the File menu and then select Open or Restore Company option.
- Open the Company File and then tap on to the Next option.
- Now open the Company File that you’re having problems with, select the Multi-user mode and then open it.
These are the steps that will help you fix this particular issue for sure. Like the last one restarting the software, server PC and the workstations connected to the same is to be done.
These are the two solutions that can help you fix the QuickBooks Error 6073 and also if you are not able to resolve the issue by using these two solutions, you must download the QuickBooks File Doctor and run a scan to fix the QuickBooks Error 6073.
To summarise, QuickBooks Error 6073 is an error that can be fixed easily by using the solutions given above or by the official tools such as QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub. The post’s motive is that if you face the QuickBooks Error 6073 you can fix it and there are root causes and detailed fixes that are given above. Hope that you find this blog worth the read.