Cannot open company receive error code 6155 (QuickBooks Desktop Error 6155, 0)
QuickBooks error 6155 0 occurs when the program’s installation files are corrupted or missing. When you try to open the QuickBooks company file to examine your financial information, an error warning appears. You may be unable to complete any task in the software; thus, you must resolve the issue as soon as possible.
The remedy to error number 6155 0 is to change the way you access your company file. If you read this post to the conclusion, you’ll be able to fix the problem without too much technical difficulty.
QuickBooks Desktop Error 6155,0
Error: 6155, 0 is a -6000 series error number that indicates that a user is having problems opening a corporate file. “Error -6155, 0 an error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file,” states the error notice. One of the most common causes of the issue while opening the company file is a partial or defective installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software. However, several other technical problems contribute to QuickBooks error 6155.
The root causes of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6155,0
Here are some possible causes to keep an eye on to successfully complete the error-resolution process:
- QuickBooks installation is incomplete.
- In the QuickBooks installation directory, a company file is missing.
- Virus or malware attack that causes harm
- QuickBooks error 6155, 0 can occur if you haven’t updated QuickBooks to the most recent version.
- In the QuickBooks company file, there is data loss.
- The corporate file you’re attempting to open may be read-only.
How to fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 6155,0
The following are some of the most commonly used troubleshooting solutions that can assist you in effectively resolving QuickBooks problem 6155 0:
Solution 1: Install the most recent maintenance release of QuickBooks: This troubleshooting approach can solve the problem if QB error 6155 is caused by an outdated version of the programme. You can update QuickBooks Desktop in whatever way you like by following our tutorial on updating QuickBooks Desktop. If the QuickBooks company file error 6155 0 persists after you’ve updated the programme, proceed to the following step.
Solution 2: Repairing Company File Damage Using the QFD Software: The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can assist you in repairing corrupted or damaged company files or networks. Intuit created the QFD tool to diagnose and fix issues that may arise when opening a company file:
- QuickBooks File Doctor is available for download.
- Double-click the setup file from the downloads folder once it has been downloaded.
- After that, choose the company file you wish to repair with the tool and click Next.
- Start the tool and wait for the repair to complete.
- If QuickBooks error 6155 0 persists, proceed to the following issue-resolution method.
Solution 3: Double-check that the file you’re trying to open isn’t read-only: You can open a QuickBooks company file that is read-only, but you won’t be able to make any changes to it. You must alter the attribute of this company file to solve this problem:
- Right-click the company file you wish to change in the QuickBooks installation directory.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu, then uncheck the Read-Only box.
- To complete the task, click Apply and then OK.
Check if the QuickBooks error 6155 0 has been fixed by accessing the company file. If the problem persists, proceed to the following set of procedures.
Solution 4: Reinstall the software with the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool: The QuickBooks clean instal tool can fix a faulty or damaged application installation, allowing you to view your company file without difficulty:
- First and foremost, download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and store it in a convenient spot.
- Now run QuickBooks Clean Install Utility.exe to clean up your QuickBooks installation.
- After that, you must accept the licence conditions and select the QuickBooks Desktop version you are currently using.
- When you see the message “QuickBooks is now ready for Clean Install,” click OK. QuickBooks will be installed in the default location.
To conclude, QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that helps you manage the books and accounts of a particular organisation. Like any other computer accounting software, this software is also prone to many errors. In this blog, you will get to know more about the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6155,0, root causes and the fixes of the same so please read the blog till the very end. I hope that this blog helped you and was worth your time.