QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool that is there to keep your files away from the errors. The QuickBooks File Doctor is introduced by Intuit to find and fix all kinds of errors and QuickBooks glitches, corruption in company data files, damaged network of the QuickBooks, and different Windows errors.
Use QuickBooks File Doctor, QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix errors on your application. Understand to use QuickBooks File doctor to fix network issues on QuickBooks Desktop. Having an issue with opening your company file, the QuickBooks File doctor on QuickBooks Tool Hub can help you to fix them.
List of QuickBooks error that you can use this toolkit to fix:
Error codes -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130
This tool is very useful in case of missing customer, supplier, employee lists
It can help you fix error H202 and H505 or H101, H303 as well
Here’s how you can use QuickBooks File Doctor in order to fix company file issues in QuickBooks Desktop by using the following methods:
Method 1: Download and install QuickBooks Tools Hub
Most of the common error can be fixed by this inbuilt utility of QuickBooks (For best performance we advise you to use this on Windows 10 64-bit).
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- You need to download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub (126.96.36.199), if you already have it in your PC then you need to ensure that it is updated to its latest version.
- Click to open (QuickBookstoolhub.exe) and run it
- Now run and agree with all the terms and conditions by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation finished you would have a desktop icon
- Open that icon with a double click. In case if you don’t find an icon on the desktop, please search in all programs
Method 2: How to Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- You need to click on the ‘Company File Issues’ tab from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now Open to Run QuickBooks File Doctor, it will take a minute or two to open the File Doctor.
- After opening the QuickBooks File Doctor, you need to click to choose Company File From the given Drop Down, you can also see your file by clicking on browse to find the file in windows explorer. Click on the middle option which says Check Your File and then Continue.
- Now it’s asked you to enter the company file admin and proceed.
This will start scanning, it may take up to 5 minutes. The time taken by the scan depends on the size of your company file, once the scan process finishes, open QuickBooks and run your Company File. Even if it says that the scan was unsuccessful your issue will be resolved.
Method 3: Follow the steps for the issues that you see
There might be a possibility that you are trying to repair an older version of the company file through a new version of QuickBooks Desktop, you can convert it though, by clicking on ‘Repair the file for your existing version of QuickBooks’. You can also do it by opening the newer version of the QuickBooks to update it.
Method 4: Update and back up QuickBooks
After fixing your company file you can back it up. You should also keep updating the QuickBooks Desktop at regular intervals and also verify and build data to not get affected by any errors.
QuickBooks File Doctor Crashes
QuickBooks File Doctor is a solution based tool for the QuickBooks Company file. The software utility is developed and offered to QuickBooks User to repair and fix errors and issues within QuickBooks Desktop. A few years back QuickBooks 2014 users had issues with the tool as it used to get stuck, even some of the users reported QuickBooks file doctor not working, crashed each time we run this tool or shows an exception. When such an issue takes place, the application pops up with an error, “File Doctor is not working”.
The Root Cause of this Error is as follows:
- One of the reasons behind this error is that you’re trying to get inside into the incorporated Files.
- There might be a possibility that you’re trying to restore the files but you’re not able to do so.
- Struggling to update the files.
- This error occurs when you are converting the older version of the company file stored on the network.
- Some of the QuickBooks files didn’t install during the first installation of the application.
- The error pops up when the files are corrupted or misplaced.
If you still have issue or error after running file doctor, Contact our support team for help and we will get your QuickBooks up and running the way it was working before.