Customer statements in QuickBooks?
You can send clients a customer statement if they have unpaid balances or invoices about to go past due. These are gentle reminders about future deadlines with lots of details. In QuickBooks, there are three different sorts of customer statements. First, create Balance Forward, Open Item, and Transaction Statements using the steps below.
Step 1: Make a customer declaration:
- Select the Customers tab from the Sales menu.
- Check the boxes next to the customers for whom you want to send statements.
- Select Create statements from the Batch activities menu.
- Select the customer statement type from the Statement Type dropdown:
- Balance Forward: Lists bills and payments for a given date period that have outstanding balances.
- Open Item: Displays a list of all available and unpaid invoices over the previous 365 days.
- All transactions for the given date range are listed in the Transaction Statement.
- Choose the statements’ dates as well as the date range.
- Examine the email addresses of the customers.
- Save, Save and Close, Save and transmit, Print, or Preview are the options.
Please note that if you modify a transaction on a statement, the statement will automatically update to reflect the changes.
Step 2: Check out the most recent consumer statements:
- Select the All Sales tab from the Sales menu.
- Select the Filter option from the dropdown menu.
- Select Customer Statements from the Type option.
- From the Date dropdown, choose a date range.
- From the Customer menu, select the clients for whom you wish to see statements.
To delete a statement, open it and choose Delete from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Make your statements unique: Statements can be customised in several ways:
- Select Account and settings from the Settings menu.
- Go to the CustomerStatements section of the Sales tab.
- Choose Edit.
- Select Each transaction should be listed on a single line. Include all detail lines in each transaction.
- Select the option to display an ageing table at the bottom of the statement.
- Select the Save option.
Customer statements: how to make and transmit them
- Go to the Customers tab under Sales or Invoicing.
- Tick the boxes for the customers to whom you want to send statements.
- Select Create Statement from the Batch Actions menu. First, make sure that the customer’s email addresses are correct.
- Click Print or Preview to print or preview the document.
- Click Save and Send to send an email.
How do I export a statement to Excel from QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Online allows you the freedom to create reports to learn more about your company. If you wish to use your accounts outside of QuickBooks, you can export them to Excel. All of your QuickBooks transaction data can also be shipped. We’ll show you how to do it.
- How to export QuickBooks Online reports to Excel.
- Reports should be chosen.
- Find and choose the report you’d like to export.
- Select the Export icon at the top of the report. Select Export to Excel from the drop-down menu.
- Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Downloads folder or your desktop.
Please note that if you can’t find any data when you open the report in Excel, it’s because it’s in protected view.
To summarise, QuickBooks Desktop software has always been regarded as one of the best accounting software by different strata of accountants and bookkeepers. The whole idea of this blog is to help you understand the customer statements, their importance and some other important aspects related to the same so please read the entire blog very carefully. I hope that this blog was helpful and was worth your time.