QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021 adds new and enhanced functionality to help you run your company more efficiently. Here’s what’s new in the most recent edition.
Automated Payment Reminders: Using automatic payment alerts, you can quickly notify your customers when they have invoices to pay.
QuickBooks will notify you when invoices are ready to submit once you’ve set up payment reminders. Then, before they go out, you should check and authorise them. The following steps will show you how to make a payment alert.
- Select Schedule Payment Reminders from the Customers menu, then Payment Reminders.
- Select (+) from the Customer Center and give your community a name.
- Select the customers you want to add to the community from the Customer: job line.
- Select OK once you’ve finished adding customers to the group.
- Pick your customer community from the Customer Center, then the Payment Reminders tab.
- Pick the Gear icon, then New Payment Reminder from the drop-down menu.
- Select OK after customising your reminder summary, date, and any other details.
Combine several emails: If you’re sending different forms to the same customer, such as invoices or statements, you can merge them into a single email rather than sending multiple emails. Here’s how to do it.
- Pick Email types from the File menu. Many of the forms you’ve chosen to email at a later time are listed here.
- Choose the types you’d like to submit.
- Check the box to submit all forms to one recipient in one email.
- Click Send when you’re done.
Credit Card Refunds: You will also refund credit card charges in QuickBooks if you have Merchant Services. Here’s how to do it.
- Choose the Sales Receipt or Payment you want to cancel.
- At the top of the form, click the charge information button.
- To complete the refund, choose Refund Payment.
e-Statements: You will let your customers pay their invoices or statements by credit card or bank transfer if you use QuickBooks Payments. You’ll need to add your account or sign up for QuickBooks Payments before you can allow customers to pay bills online.
What are e-statements, and how to use them?
- Pick Create Statements from the Customers menu.
- Select Allow Online Payments after selecting your statement dates and customers.
- Pick Email when you’re ready to deliver these statements to your customers.
In the email’s body, QuickBooks inserts a connection to pay online. When customers click this page, they are taken to a secure online payment portal to enter their banking details, debit card, credit card and other banking information.
To record payments and deposits:
- Select Record Merchant Service Deposits from the Customers menu.
- The transactions should be selected first, followed by the record option.
If this is your first time selecting a record, QuickBooks will prompt you to choose a deposit and fees account. QuickBooks transfers the charge to the open invoices for that customer after the statement deposit is successfully reported. In QuickBooks, you can also see the associated payment and deposit transactions.
Email Templates: For all the ways you email customers, build personalised email templates with different subject lines and email bodies. And, when you submit an invoice, sales receipt, estimate, or some other transaction, all you have to do is use an email template.
When you’re done, send a text:
- Choose the template you’d like to submit.
The email forms window displays all of the available templates for the various transaction types and filters them according to the email address entered.
- To make changes to an existing template, save a template as the default for a transaction form, build a new template, reset, or remove templates, select the Gear icon.
To personalise your post, you can also use email tokens. Here’s how to do it.
- Pick Insert Token from the email forms or payment reminder window.
- Choose which new tokens you want to use:
- Due date
- Transaction balance
- Company name
- Company telephone
- Company website
- When you’re done, select Send.
Find Company Files: The modified No Company Open window makes it simple to find your company files. Now you can:
- Examine all QuickBooks files on your computer, as well as any attached hard drives or networks.
- Search for individual files in Finder, then open them easily in single-user or multi-user mode.
- Select the column headers to sort your files and expand or collapse the various pieces.
- You can remove files from the recent file column by right-clicking a file row and selecting Remove from files folder.
- Select the box for Only qb2021 at the bottom of the window to limit the displayed files to the current version.
One Intuit ID: Intuit One ID is a brand-new feature that connects your Intuit account ID with your company file. You’ll log in with your Intuit account to update your company file to the 2021 version. This makes it easier to track your account, see your customer transaction history, and use services like Payroll, Merchant Services, and e-Invoicing.
- To access your Intuit account, go to https://intuit.com/account
- Pick Preferences from the QuickBooks menu.
- Select the Intuit Account icon from the drop-down menu.
- If you haven’t already, select Sign in and log in to your Intuit account.
- Pick Manage Your Account once you’ve signed in. You’ll be redirected to Intuit QuickBooks, where you can track your goods and services.
Print Report Row Colors: Document row colours make it easier to read your written files. By default, the row colours in your printed reports will match those in your on-screen reports. If you choose, you can print report row colours in Light Mode or Dark Mode, or you can turn them off when printing.
Restore Backup Files: You can now restore a backup file from the No Company Open screen when you open QuickBooks. Here’s how to do it: or
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021 is now available.
- Pick the Backup File you want to restore from the No Company Open screen.
- Pick Restore and then Continue after reviewing the company file details and attachment library that will be restored.
- You have the option to review or modify the file’s name and location in QuickBooks.
- Click Save when you’re done.
- QuickBooks recovers your company file and, if you have one, re-associates your attachment library. You can now log into QuickBooks after the backup has been completed.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that has always been on top and always regarded by the different categories of bookkeepers and accountants. This blog is about the templates in QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2021. I hope that this blog helped you in some way or the other and was worth a read.