How to Delete a company in QuickBooks
We all had a wild year in 2020. If there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s to be adaptable and versatile in the face of change while still being prepared for the worst. This lesson can be used in the workplace. It’s more important than ever to back up your QuickBooks files for data security, disaster recovery and ensure that your files are running optimally and without errors.
What is the best way to backup QuickBooks?
It’s entirely up to you and your preferences as to how and how much you backup QuickBooks. A large amount of work has been done to the register, such as payroll or monthly reconciliations. We tend to make QuickBooks backups manually. Intuit contains the following guidelines for performing a manual backup:
- Select Switch to Single-user Mode from the File menu in QuickBooks.
- Return to the File menu and choose Back up Business. Then select Create Local Backup from the drop-down menu.
- Select Local Backup and then Next in the browser.
- Pick Search in the Local Backup Only section and navigate to the location where you want to save your backup company file.
- Decide how many copies you want to keep. This is an optional step.
- Before you save, this runs a test to ensure that your backup file is in good condition.
- Select OK when you’re finished.
- Choose to Save it now and then tap on Next.
What is the procedure for backing up QuickBooks Desktop Online?
It’s essential to save your backups anywhere other than on your computer if your hard drive fails. As a result, we advise you to keep your QuickBooks Desktop backup online or on a flash drive. DropBox, Google Drive, and Box are only a few of the free online storage solutions for your QuickBooks Desktop backup.
If you decided to make an online backup of QuickBooks Desktop, you’d follow the steps outlined above. When you get to Step 4, you’ll go to your online application and complete the rest of the steps to finish your QuickBooks Desktop backup online.
Restore a backup from QuickBooks Online
You’ll have an .QBB file once the backup is done. You can use this to migrate your QuickBooks Desktop backup to a live QBW working file at any time. You’ll need to transfer your backup company file if it’s on an external computer like a flash drive or a third-party syncing programme like DropBox or Google Drive. Save the QBB file to your machine. Then, to restore your file, follow these instructions from Intuit:
- Select Open or Restore Company from the File menu in QuickBooks.
- Then click Next after selecting Restore a backup copy.
- Then click Next after selecting Local Backup.
- Look for your backup company file on your computer. This is how it should look: [Your firm’s name]. qbb is an acronym for “quick and dirty.”
- Choose a location for your restored company file by selecting a folder. Then choose Open.
- Click Save when you’re done. If you receive any warnings about the possibility of your data being overwritten, choose the choice that best suits your needs. If you’re not sure if you want to overwrite anything, don’t.
- If you’ve finished, you’ll have a new company file to deal with.
How to delete a company in QuickBooks?
Follow the steps outlined below to purge the data:
- Go to your QuickBooks Online account and sign in.
- Replace /purgecompany with /purgecompany in the URL.
- Change the URL to https://qbo.intuit.com/c28/app/purgecompany instead of https://qbo.intuit.com/c28/app/homepage.
- The following screen will display a list of the things that will be removed.
- Once the data has been removed, type the word “YES” and then press OK.
- Once you’ve made all of your choices, click Wipe Data.
- You will be redirected to your home page once the deletion is complete.
If this is the case, you must cancel your account and begin a new subscription.
To deactivate your account, follow these steps:
- Go to https://qbo.intuit.com to log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Go to the top of the page and click the Gear button.
- Update your credit card by going to Your Account and selecting Update Credit Card.
- Click the Cancel Subscription connection in the Subscription Status section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the rest of the operation.
To reactivate your account, follow these steps:
- Go to https://quickbooks.intuit.com/choose-country/ to choose your country.
- Complete the User ID and password fields.
- You will log in with the same user ID and password as before. This is the best choice for you if you have payroll activated in your account.
- You can learn more about this topic by reading this article: Delete all of your QuickBooks Online data and start over.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Desktop software helps you provide a lot of features and functions, which is the reason behind them being so successful in their respective market. I hope that this blog helped you and was worth the read.