How to fix QuickBooks error -6000, -82 or -6000, -106
How to fix QuickBooks error -6000, -82 or -6000, -106 while opening the company file
Users may encounter these errors when accessing or creating a company file on the QuickBooks desktop application.
Error description: QuickBooks has encountered an error while trying to open the company file
Error code -6000, -82
Error code -6000, -106
Before beginning the troubleshooting process, Just make sure QuickBooks is updated to the latest version. And it is also recommended to Run QuickBooks File Doctor to fix all network-related issues.
- Log out all QuickBooks Users from all the workstations
- Open QuickBooks Company file location folder
- Right-click on the company file and rename it
- Check and remove space before the company file extension
- Create or Open a company file.
If the issues continue please follow the next step
Solution 2: Try to disable hosting with each workstation has QuickBooks installed
- How to turn off hosting for a single user mode
- From the main menu Click on file option
- Inside File, Utilities then select Stop hosting for multi-user access
- Once you have message prompt on your screen click yes
- A prompt message ask you to close company file select yes
- Check multi-user access, Maybe one or more workstations hosting the company file set up incorrectly.
- Each workstation with an error Go to File> Utilities
- Check if Hosting multi-user access is displayed or You many see an option Stop hosting multi-user access. Which means they are hosting the company file just fine
- Choose to turn off multi-user hosting access on any of the working workstations
- Now try to open the company file and login
If still the issue isn’t resolved continue with the next solution
Solution 3: Inside multi-user access choose local hosting and remote files mode, Continue with this step if the previous solution failed.
- Open QuickBooks and Press F2 key (Function keys can be found on the top row of your keyboard) to display product information
- At the bottom of the screen under local server information, Hosting is set to local file only.
- Now Open the company file on a network workstation
- Just make sure the workstation with QuickBooks admin account is logged in and the workstation hosting the company file should remain on, To allow other users to access the company file.
After going through all these steps, If you are still having this issue Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose Quick Fix my Program option. Once the process is finished Open QuickBooks and check the company file.
If still, your data file won’t open may be an issue with your company file contact QuickBooks Help we are here to help you.