Users get the cell code when trying to open the QuickBooks company file. This error -6000 always followed by three or four digits reason code as well.
Here is the list of errors that are similar series of error -6000
- error -6176, 0 when the firewall is obstructing the connection between workstations.
- Error code -6000, -107 when .TLG(Transactions Log File) file is corrupt.
- User may encounter one of these errors (-6010,-100 , -6138 -105 , 6210,0 , -6189, -83 , -6190, -83) when ok computer hosting the company file is not the server. Users more often make this mistake in QuickBooks multi-user.
- The network is not set up correctly in QuickBooks multi-user the errors code could be: (-6012, -1061, -6144, -82 or -6000, -82).
- if QuickBooks database server manager is not working or maybe an issue with folder permissions, the user gets error code -6129, -101
- Error codes: (-6190, 816 , -6190,-82 , -6190,-85) caused by mismatch between .TLG and QBW( File extension for working company file).
- Quickbooks error code -6000,-832 caused when file hosting is turned off in Multi-user mode or issue with.ND file.
- When user open company file or try to run a sample company file may come across error codes: (-6144,-304, -6190,1005,-6189,1005)
- when the company file is damaged or issue with the network in multi-user QuickBooks error code: (-6000,-305)
- when the company file is hosted in multi-user mode and the connection is obstructed by a firewall or maybe an issue with the data. Error Code (-6073,-816)
- when the issue with the windows user used by QuickBooks database server manager or incorrect path specified for the.ND file. Error Code: (-6144,-103 , -6144,0)
- when one of the workstations the hosting company file is blocked via a firewall on port 8019. Error code: (-6120,0)
- when a user access a company file locally the Error code: (-6087,0,-6131,0)
- when user restore company file backup may encounter in error code: (-6147,0)
step 1: update quickbooks to the latest release
Step 2: Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub and Run file QuickBooks file Doctor.
After Performing the above listed two steps if you are unable to resolve error -6000. Follow next steps for troubleshooting:
As we discuss previously some of the scenarios and error codes.
Scenario Number one when you are opening Company file locally or Using QuickBooks single user mode.
Step 1: Renaming Network (.ND) and Transation Log File(.TLG ) files
These file are the most important component of QuickBooks Company file. These two files are responsible for accessing company file on network in multi-user mode. By renaming these files aren’t create any data related issue.
- Navigate to the folder where your company file is located.
- From the folder choose file with extensions .nd, .tlg.
- Right click and rename, We advise you to use word .old end of each file.
- Once you are done save the changes and open QuickBooks and check whether issue is resolved or not.
If issue persist then follow the next step
Step 2 : Resolving any issue on QuickBooks or any software for instance is not that hard, The only thing you need to know where the issue exist. The best way to do that with the help of sample company file. This file would help you To identify whearher issue to is caused by company data file or quickbooks installation file.
- At the no company open file windows choose to open sample company file.
- If the company file opens just fine then follow the next step and if you get same error code then you can understand may be an issue with the software installation file, So we advise you the repair QuickBooks.
Step 3: change the company file location, by changing the company file location we can isolate issue wheather it’s with file or with the locations. If by changing the location you still have the same error code, then you can understand it is an issue with the data file.
- Navigate to the company file location folder.
- select the file with the file extension .QBW.
- Right on it and copy the file.
- paste that copy file on your desktop screen.
- double click on it and try to check whether you have same error or not.
- If you are still not able to resolve the error follow the next step.
Step 4: After performing all the troubleshooting steps listed above, even including changing the file locations nothing worked. So we have another option which is “ Restore QuickBooks Company file Backup”.Because we are having an issue with the existing .QBW file, So it’s always better to restore latest backup.But before you do that, If you are Quickbooks Multi-user customer make sure file hosting is disable. Because QuickBooks Won’t allow to restore backup having file hosting enabled.
If still have the same error follow the next step
Step 5: This the Final step after going through all the steps if you still have the same error code now we can understand this the error with Data file, Use QuickBooks data Reovery to recovery lost and damaged data.