To pay the workers and set up direct deposit, you can set up direct deposit with payroll and pay the workers electronically into their bank accounts or pay. You can set up direct deposit with payroll and pay the workers electronically into their bank accounts or pay cards. You’ll need to set up your payroll bank account before you can use direct deposit. A US bank account that is set up for ACH transactions is required for direct deposit. You can add your employee’s details after you’ve set up a direct deposit for your business.
We’ll show you how to do it right here. Please note that using direct deposit for workers or contractors would incur a fee from Intuit. Check your subscription for more details on the monthly payments.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
Step 1: Gather information about your business, bank, and principal officer: You’ll need the following information to set up direct deposit for your business:
- Name of the company, address, and EIN
- Social security number, birth date, and home address of the principal officer
- Online banking credentials, also known as routing and account numbers, are needed.
Step 2: Link with your bank account:
- Sign in to QuickBooks using the QuickBooks admin username and password.
- Activate Direct Deposit after selecting Employees and My Payroll Service.
- Choose to Get Started. If you don’t see the Get Started button, try these steps:
- Choose I’m the administrator and the administrator’s email address or user ID.
- Select Continue.
- Select Sign In after entering your Intuit Account’s email address or user ID and password. Select the Create an account connection if you don’t already have an Intuit account.
- You won’t see this screen if you’ve already signed into your Intuit Account in QuickBooks elsewhere.
- Choose to Get Started.
- On the Business tab, click Start and fill out the form. Next should be selected.
- Fill in the information for the Principal Officer. Next should be selected.
- Add a new bank account is an option.
- Enter your online bank credentials or, if asked, your bank routing and account numbers after selecting your bank.
- Make a PIN for yourself. You’ll need this any time you give us your payroll. Click Submit after double-checking your PIN.
- Next, Accept, and Submit are the options.
- Confirm the Principal officer’s total social security number if asked. Choose Submit.
One of the following messages will appear:
- Your checking account is linked to your bank account. This indicates that you are ready to pay your employees via direct deposit as soon as possible.
- Thank you for choosing QuickBooks Direct Deposit as your payment method. What’s next in the process of enabling Direct Deposit? This means you’ll need to complete a few more steps to connect your bank account.
Step 3: Double-check your bank account.
- In 2 business days, check your bank account for a small debt of less than $1 from Intuit QuickBooks Payroll.
- Open QuickBooks and sign in as the QuickBooks Admin once you’ve seen the number.
- Pick Employees, My Payroll Service, and Activate Direct Deposit from the drop-down menu.
- Go to your Intuit account and log in.
- Select Verify after entering the debit number twice.
- Enter your PIN for payroll. After that, select Submit, then Ok.
Step 4: Set up the bank account information for your workers: See Set up direct deposit for more information about applying the direct deposit to the employees’ accounts. Do you have to pay contractors? Set up and administer the contractors’ direct deposits.
Step 5: Reimburse your staff: Are you unsure how to pay your workers after setting up direct deposit? Make your paychecks as usual, then submit them to Intuit via direct deposit. Paychecks are deposited into workers’ bank accounts within two business days.
QuickBooks Online Payroll: See Set up direct deposit for employees for more information about applying the direct deposit to the employees’ accounts. Do you have to pay contractors? Set up and administer the contractors’ direct deposits.
To summarise, QuickBooks Desktop is accounting software that all categories of accountants and bookkeepers have always regarded. This blog is about how can you verify direct deposit in QuickBooks Desktop and covers all the aspects related to the same. I hope that this blog helped you in some way or the other and was worth a read.