Latest activity in QuickBooks
Have you ever wanted to see a list of all your QuickBooks transactions in chronological order? You can keep track of added, removed, and updated transactions, as well as user entries, with the QuickBooks audit log report. The audit log function allows you (and any other viewer with access rights) to see the history of changes made to single transactions or a group of transactions.
Changes to the map of accounts or goods and services list and sending, deleting, and changing invoices or bills, inserting and matching payments and deposits, and when accounts were reconciled, are all tracked changes.
Users could turn off the audit log before QuickBooks 2006; however, it has since become an automated function that cannot be disabled in either the Online or Desktop versions. Both users must have their username and password for this vital reporting tool to work correctly. Since QuickBooks 2006, the QuickBooks Audit Trail is still on and tracks all transaction operation. However, you might want to keep track of when users log in and out of QuickBooks. This article explains how to follow when users log in or out of QuickBooks and build or restore backup files, update passwords, process credit card purchases, or access credit card information.
This function must be allowed (Company > Customer Credit Card Protection > Allow Protection) for this information to be reported on the Credit Card Audit Trail. The Credit Card Protection feature must be allowed if the company accepts credit cards through Intuit Merchant Services.
Furthermore, once the Credit Card Protection function is activated, it cannot be disabled. This function necessitates the use of a secure password that must be updated every 90 days. The Credit Card Audit Trail Report (Reports > Accountant & Taxes > Customer Credit Card Audit Trail) looks like this.
To keep track of recent QuickBooks updates, go to:
- Select Audit Log from the Gear icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Use the Filter button in the Audit Log to narrow down the search.
- Select the filters you want to use and then press Apply. It will show you a rundown of your recent activities.
For this, you can configure the Customer Balance Summary:
- At the top of the menu bar, select Reports.
- Pick Customer Balance Summary from the Customers & Receivables menu.
- Place the date range at the top of the page.
- At the top of the page, click the Customize Report button.
- Select Advanced from the Display tab.
- Select Everything from the Display Rows and Display Columns menus.
- Double-click OK.
You can also run the Transaction List by Customer report by following these instructions:
- Tap Reports in the left column.
- Type Transaction in the search bar and then press Transaction List by Customer.
- Select a time frame.
- By using the drop-down menu next to Group, then select Customer.
The Audit History keeps track of all changes made to a particular transaction. The following information can be found in the Audit History:
- Who was responsible for the changes?
- When the modifications were made.
- What are the changes?
The Audit history can only be viewed by users who have full access privileges.
- Open the transaction you want to look into.
- More can be chosen.
- The Audit Trail will open after you choose Audit History.
- Select Show Everything for a comprehensive view, and Compare for a side-by-side comparison.
Find out How to Use Audit Logs if you need to keep track of changes made to a company register. That is everything there is to it. You now know how to check the Audit History for transaction changes.
Allow me to include some additional details about QuickBooks Desktop’s audit trail report (QBDT). The Audit Trail report can be customised to track changes to individual accounts. Allow me to walk you through the procedure:
- Pick Customize Report from the Audit Trail report, then Filters.
- Type Account in the Search Filters tab and pick Account.
- Choose Account from the drop-down menu.
- Select several accounts.
- Look for the account you’re looking for and mark it as verified.
- Click the OK button.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Desktop software is an accounting software widely regarded by all the categories of bookkeepers and accountants. In this blog, you will know more about how you can find your lates activity in QuickBooks Desktop software, so please read the whole blog and get updated about the same. I hope that this blog was helpful and worth a read.