QuickBooks is splendid bookkeeping programming software, and yet it tends to be inclined towards specific errors. QuickBooks crashing is one of the most frustrating issues for its users. The User may experience the QuickBooks Crash Com Error while working with this software. This error can appear while opening, working, or sending a receipt to a client or a customer. One of the most prominent scenarios where in most cases users got this error code while sending email via QuickBooks.
On the off chance that you are confronting any such error, at that point, this article can become very helpful to you. The present article is totally founded on the causes and handy solutions to the QuickBooks Crash Com Error. Subsequently, make a point to read it cautiously till the end.
Numerous users have reported issues regarding COM Error which has been slowing down the various QuickBooks 2016 Desktop products like QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, and Enterprise. When these types of error pop up on your PC, QuickBooks crash downs without saving your work which has been performed. The COM error generally appears when a user is trying to complete the various transactions or when someone is using the email function of QuickBooks. These errors occur when Microsoft Outlook on a user’s PC is a “Click-to-Run” version which can be checked.
How to fix QuickBooks COM Error
There are plenty of ways to get rid of such QuickBooks Com Error crashes are as following:
- This QuickBooks Com Error can be fixed by running “Windows repair” to fix or updating QuickBooks to the most recent maintenance release for its solutions.
- Removal of the Windows from QuickBooks application.
- Download the QuickBooks “Clean Install” utility.
- Now run the “Clean Install Utility” and select the pro/premier or enterprise solutions with versions of QuickBooks Desktop that you’re on.
- Complete the reinstallation of QuickBooks to resolve QuickBooks COM Errors.
Creating a new Windows user on the PC experiencing the COM Error inside QuickBooks is the best solution for this kind of error. QuickBooks COM Errors are mostly linked with some form of corruption that’s been made inside the “Windows User” account, regardless of the type/level of windows users. However, if you still need support regarding any issues.
How to fix QuickBooks COM Error (Windows 7 & QuickBooks 2016 versions)
Fixing QuickBooks COM error for Windows 7, QuickBooks 2016 versions where a user needs to set up Outlook as the default mail software:
- Go to the control panel and select the mail option.
- Then search & select Microsoft Outlook.
- Enter into the mail Setup and select “Show Profile”.
- If the radio button is already on, Select “Always use this profile”, then select “Prompt for a Profile” as default and then click on Apply.
- Select back to “Always use this profile”, click on Apply and then click on Ok.
You can also fix the QuickBooks Com Error by using this method, the user needs to run QuickBooks in compatibility mode.
- Right-click on the given QuickBooks icon on your desktop and then Run QuickBooks in compatibility mode.
- Select Compatibility from this given section, check the box and run this program in compatibility mode.
- Now from the given drop-down options, select Windows 7.
- Go to a Privilege level, put a check on Run this program as an administrator.
- Now go to Apply and then click on Ok.
Com Crash Troubleshooting in QuickBooks 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Com Error creates plenty of issues for the clients, particularly in QuickBooks as being bookkeeping and business accounting management application and it contains significant budgetary information, such as invoices and account statements on which the business of any company runs. We have so far covered all the possible causes of COM Error crashes and different solutions to get some kind of answers for such crashes which will be very helpful for QuickBooks clients.
Most Common Situation when Crash Com Error occurs in Intuit QuickBooks
- Sending E-Mail
- Making Invoices
- Entering Bills
- Taking care of Tabs
- Running Payroll
- Sending Forms
In conclusion, the rundown of techniques to fix the Crash Com Error in QuickBooks doesn’t end here. Be that as it may, applying any of the above strategies may help the QuickBooks clients to fix this bug, yet in the event that on the off chance that the errors precede with the client can essentially counsel an expert.