QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software used by almost every kind of business in the UK, US and Canada. The software is widely regarded by bookkeepers and accountants all over the world. The software’s real backdrop is that it is prone to errors and issues and QuickBooks Error 6147 is one such error reported late by several users. This blog will help you to understand more about the QuickBooks Error 6147. This blog will learn more about the QuickBooks Error 6147, the symptoms and the main reasons behind the same, and the error solutions. Please read the whole blog carefully.
QuickBooks Error 6147
If you are using this software from quite a while now, you should’ve known that this software gets infected by various errors and issues and QuickBooks Error 6147 is one of them, this error mainly occurs when you try to access a Company File in your QB software.
To fix any error, you need to understand the mistake and to do that you need to know more about the symptoms and root causes of the same so that you know the exact problem behind your QuickBooks Error 6147.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6147
As mentioned already, the symptoms help you identify the error to take the reasonable steps to resolve it. The symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 6147 are as follows:
- The Window OS will be slow, and you’ll feel a bit of lag.
- You will see an error message popping up on your screen frequently.
- Active program window can also be stopped by the QuickBooks Error 6147.
- Keyboard and mouse input will be responded by the windows two or three seconds late.
- Your PC may also Shut Down in one or two occasions.
These are the signs that will help you to identify the QB Error 6147. The next thing that you should learn is the root causes behind the error, and that is what our next paragraph will help you understand.
Root Causes of QuickBooks Error 6147
Root causes can be defined as the main reasons behind the particular problem, and it also helps you know the exact issue behind the error. The root causes of QuickBooks Error 6147 are as follows:
- QuickBooks Desktop installation file can be damaged or corrupted.
- The .qbw extension if the QB Company Files can be corrupted.
- The backup file name should exceed more than 210 words.
- The incorrect file path of the backup can be one of the reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 6147.
These are the main reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 6147, and now it is the time when we should learn more about the QuickBooks Error 6147 which is what our next segment is all about, so please read it very carefully.
How to fix the QuickBooks Error 6147
The errors that occur in the QuickBooks Desktop software can be quickly resolved by using different tools that are available at the official website of the Intuit. However, we are here to provide the manual solution of the QuickBooks Error 6147 are as follows:
Rename .ND File and .TLG File: Renaming the .ND file and .TLG file can help you fix the QuickBooks Error 6147. To do that, please follow the given steps that are as follows:
- Open the folder which contains the Company File of the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Search for the .ND and .TLG file in the Company File folder of the QuickBooks desktop software.
- After finding them rename both the folders to .ND OLD or .TLG OLD.
Renaming these files will surely help you fix the QuickBooks Error 6147, but f in any case, if that doesn’t work, go to the next given solution.
Rename ADR File: Renaming the ADR file can also be one solution to this error 6147. To follow that please apply the given steps:
- Open the folder which contains all the files that are related to the QuickBooks Company File.
- Now you need to search for the .ADR folder and then look for the recent .ADR file and then rename it to .QBW file.
These are the two solutions that will undoubtedly help you to fix the QuickBooks Error 6147. However, if it doesn’t solve the problem, you must consider hiring a QuickBooks Expert that is available at the QuickBooks Desktop Error Support.
You can also try to resolve the issue by running a scan through QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub, and you can download both of these tools from the official website of the Intuit.
To conclude, QuickBooks Desktop software is one of the leading accounting software in the current market, and almost every organisation uses the software in the US UK and Canada. The software is easy to use and reliable, but like every other software, there can be some errors popping up here. This blog is about the QuickBooks Error 6147, which is a widespread error. It can be resolved by using the different solutions detailed in our blog, so please read and implement the answers I am sure that this will fix the problem you are facing.
About the author
Spread the word about us. Share if you Like this article 👍.