QuickBooks Desktop software helps you to manage books and accounts of a particular organisation. The software is easy to use, reliable and durable for all of your transactions. The disadvantage of the software is that it gets infected by the errors and issues.
The one error that has been reported of late time and again is the QuickBooks Error 6189. There can be many reasons, but the error mainly occurs while you try to open a QuickBooks Company File. This blog will help you understand the QuickBooks Error 6189, the root causes, and the fixes of the same so that if needed, you can fix the issue by yourself.
QuickBooks Error 6189
The QuickBooks Error 6189 is also known as a runtime error, as mentioned above the error 6189 mainly occurs when you try to open or run any of the Company File in your QB desktop software.
To better understand any issue, you must know the symptoms behind it to verify that you are suffering from what particular error while trying to do simple transactions on your QB Desktop software.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6189
The symptoms help you identify the issue to understand the error and solve the exact problem. The symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6189 are as follows:
- Like mentioned quite a few times in this blog, the error mostly occurs when you try to open a Company File in the software.
- You might see the loss of connection with the Company Files in your QB software.
- Your PC will start becoming unresponsive and will react to every command two or three seconds late.
- The PC can also become a little laggy and sometimes hangs and results in a PC’s restarting.
These are the symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 6189. Now that you know the signs, you must read the same root causes, which our next segment is all about, so please give that a careful read.
Root causes of QuickBooks Error 6189
Root causes are the reasons behind that particular issue or error so that you can fix them accordingly. The root causes of QuickBooks Error 6189 are as follows:
- The error can also occur because the Company File you are trying to open is one of its old versions and your QB is updated to its latest version.
- The network connectivity can also be one of the reasons that may result in QuickBooks Error 6189.
- The software not been updated to its latest version can also be one of the root cause of Error 6189.
- If you don’t run the QuickBooks Database correctly, this can also result in the QuickBooks Error 6189.
Now that you know the root cause you must learn how to fix them, which is detailed in our next paragraph of this blog.
Fixes of the QuickBooks Error 6189
It is a given that the QuickBooks Desktop software gets very easily infected by different errors and issues. However, there are tools to resolve almost every issue that occurs in QB desktop the tools are QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub that are available on the official website of the Intuit. The fixes of the QuickBooks Error 6189 are as follows:
- To fix the QuickBooks Error, you can restart your PC cause in some cases that also helps to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6189. You can also continue the server, and if you don’t have QuickBooks Database Manager, you can install and then restart the server.
- You can also use some of the encryption software to resolve the issue. However, that is not something which is recommended by any of the technician or professional.
- Running a scan from QB Refresher tool can also help you fix the error 6189 if you don’t have the QuickBooks Refresher Tool installed in your PC you can always download and install it from the official website of the Intuit.
- Closing all the files or processes related to the QuickBooks Desktop software can also help you resolve the issue. You may see the file or processes once you open the Task Manager are QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, QBDBMgr.exe. You need to select all of them and tap on the option which says End Processes.
You can apply all these solutions to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6189. If the problem persists, you must consider hiring a QuickBooks professional that is available on the QuickBooks Desktop Error Support.
To conclude, QuickBooks Desktop software helps you manage the accounting and finances of a particular company, organisation or industry depending upon the size of the company. QuickBooks error 6189 is one of the runtime error that generally occurs while opening the company files. Hope that this blog helps you to recover this particular issue.
Spread the word about us. Share if you Like this article 👍.