Since the QuickBooks Desktop software has been launched it has always remained at the top of the accounting software market. The software is so simple to use that it can be used by anyone with a background in bookkeeping or accounting, and it has been favourably received by all types of bookkeepers and accountants. Intuit has a market valuation of $6.7 billion and has been on the market for a long time. The software is 38 years old, making it one of the most outdated software available. The software is primarily used in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada. This software also comes in a variety of variants from which you may choose depending on your demands and the nature of your business.
One of the main reasons for the software’s success is that it has always kept up with changing times and federal rules and requirements. The software’s primary users have been small and mid-sized businesses. The software is chock-full of features and functions, making it a crowd-pleaser and the best in its class. Now that you know the advantages of the QuickBooks Desktop software you must know that one primary issue that the software has is that it is prone to different errors and issues and QuickBooks Error C=343 is one of them. In this blog, we will try to fix this particular error and also will let you know some of the important aspects so please read the blog till the end.
What is QuickBooks Error C=343
As already mentioned the QuickBooks Desktop software is prone to different errors and issues and in this blog, we are going to address QuickBooks Error C=343, this error mainly occurs when a user tries to open QuickBooks Desktop, then one may receive an error message C343 or the file name is not executable error messages. This error can prevent users from accessing their company data and cause QuickBooks to stop responding or stop working properly.
To understand any error you need to understand its root causes so that you know the exact problem behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error C=343 and to do that you need to read our next segment that will help you understand that so please read it attentively.
Why QuickBooks Error C=343 Occur
The root causes mean the primary reason behind any particular issue that you are facing. In this section, we are going to read the facts related to the QuickBooks Error C=343 so please read the next possible causes that may be leading you to the QuickBooks Error C=343:
- The file MsXML Services.dil is damaged or missing, and it is unregistered: MsXML.DLL is a dynamic link library (DLL) for Windows. Because DLL files include program code, data, and resources, they are required by applications and web browser extensions.
- If you aren’t utilizing the most recent version of QuickBooks, you should: Simply hit or hold the F2 key to show the Windows Product Information on the spot, ensuring that you are using the most recent version and release.
These two can be one of the many reasons behind the QuickBooks Error C=343, now that you know the possible reasons behind the QuickBooks Error C=343 you must read the possible solution of QuickBooks Error C=343, so please read the following section carefully.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error C=343
It is a given that the QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that has always been prone to all kinds of errors and issues. But you can fix any error by using one of the manual solutions that are as follows:
- Updation of QuickBooks: As mentioned, in the root causes not updating the QuickBooks Desktop software to its latest version can be one of the reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error C=343. QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software and if you are into this then you should know that it is a very mandatory thing to update your computer software or mobile application to its latest version for a smooth experience. In this case, it can be a possibility that the error that you are facing is because you haven’t updated your QuickBooks Desktop software to its latest release. The software and application companies roll out these updates to fix some of the normal bugs and also upgrade them to the newer rules and guidelines of federal. In most cases, it works but if in case it doesn’t then you can always move on to the next given solution.
- Record the file of MSXML.Dll: Recording the file of MSXML.DII can also help you to fix the QuickBooks Error C=343, recording this will focus your Windows installation procedure, nevertheless, keep in mind that it does not contain an Intuit product. To apply the solution you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Follow the instructions given below to run a 32-bit PC: if you’re using your QuickBooks Desktop software on a PC that is a 32-Bit then you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Start your Windows operating system.
- After that, in the run bar area, write “Regsvr32 MSXML3.dll.”
- Toggle the OK key on your keyboard.
- When it is correctly registered, the user will get a notification to the end that says “Succeed.”
- Restart your QuickBooks software to do so.
- If the issues continue, you’ll need to obtain or install MS core XML services from any QuickBooks website.
These are the steps that will help you to fix the QuickBooks Error C=343 on a 32-bit PC, if in case you are using a 64-bit PC then you must follow the steps that are given below:
- To begin, go to your Windows system’s start button.
- Then, in the dialog box, enter it as the command.
- Select the OK button.
- The user must now open the ‘C’ drive.
- Enter CD drive, then choose Windows, then enter syswow64, and then press the Ok key once again.
- After that, click the enter key and type as or enter the Regsvr32 MSXML3.dll.
- While you’re at it, type Regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and hit or press the enter key on your keyboard once again.
- Restart your QuickBooks accounting program after the registration for both files has been completed successfully.
These are the steps that will help you to fix this issue if you are using a 64-bit PC and if in case you are still not able to fix it then you must move on to the next given solution.
- Disable Windows Compatibility Mode for QuickBooks QBW32.exe file: To disable Windows compatibility for the QBW32.exe file, navigate to the Shortcut tab in the QB installation folder, and right-click on the QBW32.exe file. Make sure that the compatibility mode is unchecked under the Compatibility tab.
- On the Windows machine, right-click the “QuickBooks Shortcut” icon.
- Then choose “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the “QB installation folder” and double-click it.
- Switch to the “Shortcut” tab now.
- Select “Find Target” from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click the “QBW32.EXE” file here.
- Choose “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Compatibility” from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure the checkbox next to “Run this software in compatibility mode for” is unchecked.
- Select “OK” from the drop-down menu.
- If the checkbox is not selected, click “Cancel.”
- Repair Damaged QuickBooks Company File: To repair a damaged QuickBooks Company File you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Navigate to the “File” menu.
- Select “Utilities” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Rebuild Data” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the “OK” option.
- Select “Save” from the drop-down menu. This will begin the backup process.
- When the procedure is finished, click the “View Results” button.
- Install a Supported Version of Windows Operating System: The processes for installing each version of Microsoft Windows on a computer are identical. While certain stages in the installation process alter depending on the version of Windows, the basic processes and suggestions shown below will assist you in installing Windows on your computer.
- Activate the CMOS setup.
- Change the boot order of the machine. If you’re attempting to boot from a disc, make the CD, DVD, or disc drive the first boot device. If you’re attempting to boot from a USB thumb drive, make your USB drive the first boot device. Keep the disc inserted and restart the computer if the drive is not visible. BIOS should identify and add the disc in the list after it is inserted into the drive.
- Exit BIOS after saving the changes.
- In the rear of the computer, insert the Windows disc into the CD/DVD drive or USB thumb drive.
- Restart or turn on the computer. When the computer boots up, it should recognize the installation disc or disk and display a message that looks like this: To boot from a CD, press any key. To boot the computer from the Windows disc or disk, press any key on the keyboard.
- Following the start of the Windows installation, you will be prompted to answer a series of questions. To install Windows, choose Yes or the relevant option.
- Select the primary partition, which is normally the C: disk or one labelled “Unallocated partition,” when asked which partition to install Windows on. Select the current Windows installation on the hard disk if you’re updating Windows.
- You could be asked whether you wish to delete everything on your hard drive before installing Windows. This is the option we prefer since it formats the hard disk and allows the Windows operating system to be installed.
- During the Windows installation process, the machine may need to restart numerous times. The restarts are normal, and if requested, choose Yes to restart.
- The Windows configuration selection panels appear when the installation process is almost complete. You may be prompted to pick your time zone, preferred language, and the name of the account you use to access Windows on these displays. On each setting screen, choose the right choices and fill in the required information.
- Open a QuickBooks in safe mode
- If you want to restart Windows, hit F8 on your keyboard. This one can assist you in displaying the advanced menu on your PC.
- Then, beside the networking tabs, choose safe mode from the list of alternatives. Then choose to enter. Then start the computer in safe mode.
- Then go to QuickBooks software and open the QB file. After that, go back to the start menu and double-check the QuickBooks icon.
- Then Ctrl+Del is a combination of the keys Ctrl and Del.
- Finally, via the task manager, restart your machine.
- QuickBooks clean install instructions: Your previous install directories are automatically renamed by the Clean Install Tool. When you reinstall QuickBooks, you’ll be able to add new install files.
- Select Installation Issues from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Clean Install Tool is selected, then OK is selected.
- Choose your QuickBooks and product versions (you got these in the Step 1 section of this article). Then press the Continue button.
- When the notice “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” appears, choose OK.
These are some of the manual solutions that may help you to fix the QuickBooks Error C=343. You can also fix these issues by using one of the tools that come straight from the house of Intuit and are free. QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub are the two tools that are available on the official website of Intuit. You can also contact one of our customer representatives at QuickBooks Desktop Error Support and these technicians will help you at any hour of the day without wasting your time.
Finally, QuickBooks Desktop software’s only disadvantage is that it is prone to different errors and issues and this blog is covered with the root causes and solutions of the QuickBooks Error C=343.
The whole idea of this blog is to help you understand that the QuickBooks Desktop software might be software that representatives are representatives prone to errors but you can fix almost every error by using one of the tools or the manual solutions that are given above particularly for QuickBooks Error C=343. I hope that this blog proves to be helpful and was worth your time.
2 thoughts on “QuickBooks Error C=343”
Pingback: What does Connection Error 400 mean, and how do you repair it
Pingback: 6 Steps Guide for Resolving QuickBooks Error C=3
Comments are closed.