QuickBooks Error Code -6190 -816
Root Cause: QuickBooks Error Code -6190 -816
- QuickBooks company file located on network, communication blocked by firewall
- Corruption with QuickBooks Installation
- Issue with the database server Manager
- Company file location change
This particular error is reported by many Quickbooks Users but here i am presenting a solution for you to get past this particular error without any trouble. Normally this error code -6190 & -816 can be received when another user tries to login into your company
when you are working on single user mode.
Here is what you need to do:
- First you need to open the folder that contains the company file.
- Now when you are inside the company file folder you must find the file having the same name as your company file but ending with the extension of “.nd” & “.TLG”.
- Apply right click on each of the files and then click on rename from the dropdown list. What you need to do is that you have to add OLD at the end of both the files.
- Now Open QuickBooks and then try to use the company file again.