QuickBooks users sometimes face an error while opening QuickBooks Desktop or the screen may just freeze and not respond to any command. These type of issues is such a typical issue.
QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding, not opening error messages display on the screen when user try to open QuickBooks Desktop. In this blog, we have discussed and reviewed this problem of QuickBooks and also shared a few best ways to resolve these errors from your QuickBooks Desktop.
In this blog, you will get to know the QuickBooks Pro 2010 stopped Working error and troubleshooting process, so please read the whole thing until the very end.
Signs of QuickBooks Pro 2010 Stopped Working
Signs help you identify the particular error that you are facing. The symptoms of QuickBooks Pro 2010 Stopped Working are as follows:
- Your PC will immediately shut down.
- The screen of your PC will freeze and stop working.
- The programme for QuickBooks freezes and does not respond to your input commands.
- QuickBooks Desktop software will not be able to open.
These are the signs that you are facing the QuickBooks Pro 2010 Stopped Working and now that you’ve identified the QuickBooks Pro 2010 Stopped Working you should learn the reasons behind the same which is detailed in our next segment.
Triggers of QuickBooks Pro 2010 Stopped Working
The primary triggers of QuickBooks Pro 2010 Stopped Working are as follows:
- The name of your business may be longer than required.
- File QBWUSER.INI might be corrupt, damaged, or missing.
- There is a damaged hard drive.
- Damaged Program Files or Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- It is possible to damage Windows OS.
- Conflicts in a specific programme.
- Installation error.
- Some Files in the Program that are Damaged.
These are the primary reasons behind the QuickBooks Pro 2010 Stopped Working and now that you know that you must read about the fixes of the same which is in our next segment so do give it a good read.
Troubleshooting process of QuickBooks Pro 2010 Stopped Working
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool: This tool can certainly help you fix this error, and the steps to download and use it are as follows:
- Download the QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Now save the file to the device that is installed with QuickBooks.
- Close all of the programmes that your operating system is running.
- Run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool Install (QBInstall Tool).
- After running the tool, restart your system to ensure that the Windows components are modified.
Restarting your PC: Restarting your PC can also help you fix this particular error. To know more follow the steps given below:
- Boot your system up again.
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop after rebooting.
- Disable your antivirus temporarily if the problem persists.
Create a New User: Create a new Windows admin user account and then try using the new user admin account to open the company file.
Re-install the QuickBooks Desktop Software: Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop and use the clean instal tool to reinstall it. This method will bring you the recent QuickBooks Update that can solve all your problems.
Rename QBWUSER.INI File: Rename the file QBWUSER.INI (changing the name of the file would erase the list of company files that were opened previously and this step would require you to open your company file manually)
- Find and open the directory in which QBWUSER.ini is located (If you are unable to find the folder, enable all the hidden files and folders to find it).
- Location: \Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year] Follow this path.
- Rename the code to QBWUSER.inii (do a right-click and select rename).
- At the end of the file name, put .old (e.g.QBWUSER.ini.old).
- Rename the file EntitlementDataStore.ecml, too.
- If the software opens after QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml has been renamed, see if you can open a sample company file.
- If you can open a sample file and you are still unable to open your company file, transfer the file to another folder or location and open it from a different location (copy the file to a local folder than a network location).
- If the company file opens from the new location, the problem can arise from a corrupt folder or folder permission.
- If you ever refuse to sign into your company file, verify that your company file is corrupt.
- In the event of a corrupted file, consider restoring an earlier backup of that file instead.
- If you cannot open the sample company file or QuickBooks does not start, the problem could be installing QuickBooks.
These are the steps and some manual solutions that will help you fix this particular error. You can also resolve the error by using some of the other official tools which are available on the official website of the Intuit. The two official tools are the QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub.
To End With
To conclude, QuickBooks Desktop software is a computer accounting software where the errors and issues are bound to occur. The software is so good that it has become almost the top priority for every organisation, small-mid businesses and even freelancers.
This blog’s whole idea is to help you understand the QuickBooks Pro 2010 Stopped Working and the symptoms, root causes, and the same. Hope that this blog enables you to fix this error or worth the time you’ve spent here while reading it.
About the author
Spread the word about us. Share if you Like this article 👍.