Here's how you can manage Quickbooks recurring payments very easily.
Firstly, you need to set up recurring charges and then you can set up recurring payments, you can view and edit them through the Manage Recurring Payments page, which features the report of all the recurring items that you’ve just set up.
To open the Manage Recurring Payments page, go to the menu bar on any page and choose Clients then Credit Card Processing Activities > then set up Recurring Payments.
On the given "Quickbooks recurring payments" window, you can follow these steps:
- Find a recurring payment: Find the details of recurring payment with help of the given Search box, by typing a name, description, or any text which is linked with that recurring payment. From the time you start typing it, the list will automatically filter to show instances where it found the text that you just entered. This text could exist in any field and will appear anywhere within the same.
- Edit recurring charges. Edit the amount, fill in the client’s name, their address, the credit card number, or the expiration date of the card.
- Click on the Client’s name to view and the details.
- Find the section that contains the information that you want and now select that section’s Edit link.
Make the required changes. You may update the following information:
- Client’s contact information.
- Amount charged to the client.
- Description of the client.
- Start Date only if the Start Date is in the future. If you are not able to edit this field, it means that the start date is passed, and you can’t edit it.
- Frequency only if the current frequency is set to monthly or yearly.
- End Date You can change the End Date to tomorrow or any date after that. You can also edit the End Date of expired payments. But, you can’t change the End Date for payments with a frequency set to once.
- Can update the Credit card number.
- The expiration date of the Credit card.
- The Cardholder’s name and billing address.
- Delete. If you want to entirely remove a record, you can delete it. Within the Manage Recurring Payments list, go to the given Status column, click on the drop-down arrow and choose Delete from the given options.
- Suspend. Assuming that a client has a magazine membership and he will be out of town for a month or two. You can unsubscribe the membership for that month and resume it when he returns. Now to do this, you need to go to the given Status column, click on the given drop-down and choose Suspend.
- Resume a suspended recurring payment. Say your client returns from the vacation and now he wants to resume the services. To resume his services, all you need to do is to go to the Status column, click on the drop-down arrow and click on Suspend.
- See recurring payments that have expired. To see the details, click on the Display Expired Entries.
- Click on the number of records you want to display on a page. Click on View and choose the number of records to display from the given drop-down.
- Print the report. To do that you need to go to the top of the list and choose Actions > Print.
- Export to Microsoft Excel. Now go to the top of the list again and select Actions > Export.
Create a recurring credit card payment
Here's how you can create a recurring credit card payment.
QuickBooks allows you to collect fast and secure payments from your Clients based on if he’d agreed upon the terms and conditions. Here’s how you need to set up recurring credit card payment so that you can save that extra time, money & labor on collecting the payments.
Before setting up recurring payment please make sure that you got the approval from the Clients using the authorization form. To download the authorization form, select the Authorization Form link given on the “Create recurring payment” page to download a PDF file that will have all the terms & conditions of the recurring payment. Now send it to your Client so that he can fill it up and have a proper look at the given terms and conditions and also you need to maintain a copy of it for the record.
Here are some must-haves before you initiate this process:
- Please ensure that you have linked QuickBooks Payments account to your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Well as of now recurring payment setup for bank transfer and transactions isn’t available.
- Since recurring transactions aren’t swiped yet, they’re processed at a rate which is keyed.
- Every time you process a transaction, you will receive a notification on your primary email id.