each and every version of QuickBooks desktop comes with a feature called QuickBooks auto data recovery that can be used in case of data corruption or data loss. This is most helpful to protect and secure your data on QuickBooks application.
- ADR auto data recovery can help you to recover lost transactions with the help of a transaction log file and copy of your company file.
- You can restore the latest or last few hours transactions with help of your company file and Transaction log file.
But before you understand auto data recovery you also need to understand some of the features factors as well.
ADR is only available in the Windows version of Quickbooks that includes QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise.
The feature is not available in the accountant edition.
QuickBooks auto data recovery has a file size limitation which is 1.5 gigabytes, so that means if your company file size is more than 1.5 gigabytes, the ADR file won’t be generated.
Before using ADR make sure your QuickBooks desktop application is updated.
In the next section of this article, you understand how to recover recent transactions using.TLG file with QBW.adr file.
- Create a test folder on your desktop screen.
- Navigate to the folder where your company file is located.
- The default QuickBooks Company file location is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Or you can check the file you can use short cut F2 or Ctrl +1 on your keyboard and choose Open Previous company and then you will find your company file location as it’s shown in the image.
- Find the fileName qbw.tlg inside the folder or enable file extensions by choosing folder and search options and then select Hide extensions for known file types, click appy and then OK.
- Copy the qbw.tlg file and Paste that on your desktop test folder which you created at the beginning.
- After that Open the QuickBooks Auto data recovery folder which you find in the same location as your company file.
- Copy the .qbw.adr file and paste that too on a desktop test folder.
- Now you have both file qbw.tlg and qbw.adr in the same folder.
- Rename qbw.adr by deleting .adr at the end.
- Open QuickBooks and open the company file located on the test folder. Verify transitions using the account register.
- Once the file is open from the main menu got to File then Utilities and then verify data.
- If everything looks good after verify data move the recovered file to the original .qbw file location and change the damage file location.
Recover most recent transactions using .qbw.adr and .tlg files
By performing this step users can recover the last 12 hours transactions.
- Create a new test folder on the desktop screen.
- Go to the default location of the QuickBooks Company file and choose QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery. If you don’t know file location Press F2 on no company file open window or use key combination ctrl+1 to check company file location.
- Copy .tlg.adr, qbw.ard files and paste them to the test folder on your Desktop.
- Go into the test folder and remove .adr from both the files.
- Once you are done open QuickBooks and run the company file located on the Test folder. Verify all transactions using the account register.
- Verify data by going on utilities.
- If this company file you just recovered looks good, Then replace it with the damaged file location.