Table of Contents
QuickBooks is an accounting software that merely helps you in managing the finances of your organisation. To maintain the accounts, one must know how to export the chart of accounts that covers the risk of duplicate transactions.
In this post, you will get to learn about a few topics that will help you enormously in maintaining your company’s account by exporting the chart. The most asked questions of late are:
- How to export a chart of accounts in QuickBooks Desktop software.
- How to export a chart of accounts in QuickBooks to Microsoft Excel.
- How to export a chart of accounts in QuickBooks Pro.
How to export chart of accounts in QuickBooks Desktop software
To stay away from the risk of the duplication of the transaction that may result in confusion between the two accounts, you must know the art of export the chart of accounts. You can do that by using the different versions such as Transfer, Cheques, Imported Bank Transaction, and Journal Entry.
To begin with the transfer feature, it is one of the most standard and quickest ways to transfer your funds and it can be quickly recorded in the bank register and can be recognised as well.
To transfer that money using the Transfer feature, please follow the given means:
- You need to open the option New tab.
- Then you need to click on the Other option and then tap on Transfer.
- When the Transfer Funds From the drop-down list, Tap on the bank account that is merged with your organisation.
- Now you need to open the drop-down list of Transfer Funds To option and then choose the primary bank account of the organisation.
- After that, go to the Transfer Amount section and then fill in the amount that you need to transfer in the given field.
- You need to modify the Date of the Transaction according to your need.
- Open the Memo Field and then Enter the Description of the Transfer.
- Lastly, after performing all the steps, you need to tap on Save, and the Transfer is done.
These are the steps that you need to perform, and you will successfully export the chart of accounts in QuickBooks Desktop software. Now that you know how to export a chart of accounts in QuickBooks, you must read about the chart of account in QuickBooks to Microsoft excel that is what our next segment of this post.
How to export chart of accounts in QuickBooks to Microsoft Excel
To export the chart of accounts in QuickBooks to Microsoft Excel, you must read the steps that are as follows:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop software and then Open the Chart of Accounts tab given in there.
- Now you need to select the file that you want to convert in the excel format.
- You might see a window popping up on your screen if yes then hit OK.
- Go to Settings and then select the particular file.
- Open the drop-down menu and then choose the Comma Delimited File option.
- After that, tap on the Print option.
- Now save and rename it according to your preference.
These are the steps that will help you to export the chart of accounts in QuickBooks to Microsoft Excel, and you must also read about how can you export the chart of accounts in the Pro version of the QuickBooks Desktop software that is detailedly given in the next part of the post. Hence, please provide that a careful read.
How to export chart of accounts in QuickBooks Pro
To export a chart of accounts in the QuickBooks Pro, you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Exporting a List
- Open the File menu and then tap on the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Choose the Export option and then tap on the Lists to IIF Files.
- You need to choose the particular list that you would like to export and then hit OK.
- After that, you need to figure out the location go to that particular folder or create a folder and then tap on the Save option.
These are a few steps that will help you export the chart of accounts in QuickBooks Pro, you also must read about importing the list, so that you don’t have to find another writeup for that.
- Import the List
- Firstly, you need to open the QuickBooks Desktop software and then sign in to one of your Company Files as Administrator.
- After that change the mode to the single-user way.
- Now you need to open the file menu again and then choose the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Tap on Import and then IIF the Files.
- You can now successfully import the Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks Pro.
These given steps will help you import the list in the Pro version of QuickBooks Desktop software.
In conclusion, QuickBooks helps you cover almost all the aspects of accounting or bookkeeping, and one such thing is the exporting the chart of accounts. The whole point of this post is to help you understand the different types of it and how can you do that by just giving it a read. Hope that this post will help you understand the topic and enlightened you in such a way that you have become a pro in exporting the chart of accounts in QuickBooks Desktop software.
About the author
Spread the word about us. Share if you Like this article 👍.