Keeping your QuickBooks updated to the latest version is a crucial aspect of using the program. Only when you use the latest version can you use the many functions it has to offer and get the maximum functionality for your organizational operations. However, errors regarding updating your QuickBooks can hinder your experience, preventing you from using the program to its full potential. In this article, we will be talking about some such errors that arise during the QuickBooks update process. We will tell you all about what these errors are, the causes of such errors, as well as the solutions to these common errors. You will also be able to turn on the QuickBooks Update Service after going through this article. So, keep reading to get well versed in tackling QuickBooks Desktop Update Error and keep your program functioning smoothly.
Before getting into understanding how to fix the errors, it is crucial to understand what these errors are. QuickBooks update errors pop up when you try updating the program or installing the latest services and features. Since many features can become outdated and non-functioning if you do not update them on time, this can be a major hindrance to using the program as you intend. Some of the error codes associated with QuickBooks update errors are:
- QuickBooks Error Code 12037.
- QuickBooks Error Code 12038.
- QuickBooks Error Code 12045.
- QuickBooks Error Code 12157.
- QuickBooks Error Codes 15XXX…..
…among many others. While there is no single solution to deal with all these error codes to the same degree, there are a few ways in which you can fix the issue. For instance, you can try configuring your computer’s internet settings or make sure that the date and time on your computer are correct. Additionally, you can also configure the security and firewall settings to try and see whether you can fix the errors.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Update errors?
There are a few potential reasons why you are facing these update errors when accessing QuickBooks. These include:
- Lagging internet connectivity: Internet connectivity is crucial when trying to update QuickBooks or using any such services and features. Therefore, one of the most common and most probable reasons for the unsuccessful update process is that you have a slow internet connection or the computer is not connected to the internet at all. So, in this case, you would need to check your internet connection and make sure that it is working fine. If you find that you would need to configure your internet settings, the steps have been mentioned in detail below.
- Security and firewall settings: Internet security and firewall settings are in place to prevent any malware from entering your computer. This means that they restrict certain websites and data of specific natures from entering the system. However, while these are to maintain the cyber health of your computer, such restrictive settings can also prevent your QuickBooks update from completing successfully. In this regard, the settings need to be checked and any settings that may be interfering with the process would need to be changed. The process has been explained in detail below.
- Multiple QuickBooks in one system: The ability to download multiple versions of QuickBooks on your computer comes in handy when handling different kinds of requirements. However, this can also interfere with your ability to download updates, since the program would not be able to detect which version of QuickBooks needs the update. Thus, if you have multiple versions on your computer, you would need specific solutions to deal with the error. If you wish to deal with this cause of the error, we have given step-by-step instructions on how you can resolve it.
Also Read: “QuickBooks Error 1920“
Solutions to QuickBooks desktop update errors
In light of the causes listed above, you would also need specific solutions to help you deal with the causes. Since the causes vary from internet settings to computer settings to even settings regarding QuickBooks on your computer, here are the detailed steps on how to resolve each cause of the error successfully.
- Configuring the Internet connection settings: The first solution is applicable only if you are facing an error due to poor internet connectivity. If your computer is unable to connect to the internet properly, you can configure your internet settings using the steps given below:
- Step 1: Launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Help’ menu and click on the ‘Internet Connection Setup’ option from the given options.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings’ to connect to the internet whenever QuickBooks tries to conduct tasks over the internet.
- Step 4: Then select the ‘Next’ option to move on.
- Step 5: In the ‘Internet options’ box, go to the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Step 6: Under this tab, click on the ‘Restore advanced settings’ button.
- Step 7: Complete the process by clicking ‘Done.’
- Step 8: Now try updating your QuickBooks with these settings in place.
- Verifying the system date and time: Errors in QuickBooks also arise when your computer date and time do not match with the actual date and time settings. So, you can try to make sure that the date and time are correct with the help of the steps explained below:
- Step 1: Close QuickBooks and minimize all other open programs.
- Step 2: Click on the time and date displayed at the bottom right of your computer, in the Taskbar. Then click on the option of ‘Date and time settings’ displayed under the calendar.
- Step 3: Alternatively, you can also right-click on the date and time displayed and then click on the option of ‘Adjust date/time.’
- Step 4: Click on the option of ‘Change date and time’ and then follow up by manually entering the correct date and time.
- Step 5: You can also choose for the automatic detection of date and time, but if the automatic detection was the cause for the wrong date and time, then you can proceed to manually enter both the correct date and time.
- Step 6: Click on ‘OK’ to complete the date and time change process.
- Step 7: Now launch QuickBooks once again and try running the update to update the program.
- Configuring the internet security or personal firewall application settings: While the settings are there for a good purpose, the restrictive settings due to the firewall can hinder QuickBooks from accessing the correct servers to complete the update process successfully. In this regard, if you wish to change your internet security or firewall settings to allow the updates to complete, you can just follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Launch QuickBooks database server manager. You can access it from its location if you know it, or you can search for it from the search bar in Start.
- Step 2: In the QuickBooks database server manager application, click on the ‘Port Monitor’ tab.
- Step 3: In this option, you will see a lot of data and information. Among the varied data, note down the port number given for your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Step 4: Now go to the ‘Windows Firewall’ program by searching it from the search bar in Start once again.
- Step 5: In the firewall application, go to the ‘Advanced Settings’ option.
- Step 6: Right-click on the option of ‘Inbound Rules’ and then click on ‘New Rule’ in the ‘Actions’ option that pops up.
- Step 7: In the resulting window, click on ‘Port’ and then click on ‘Next.’
- Step 8: In the next step, enable the ‘TCP Option.’
- Step 9: In the resulting screen, ensure that the option of ‘Specific local ports’ option is checked and here, enter the port number you noticed earlier in the process.
- Step 10: Then click on ‘Next’ and then choose the ‘Allow the connection’ option.
- Step 11: Then click on the ‘Next’ option once again and then assign a name to the new rule you created.
- Step 12: Complete the process by going back to Step 6, choosing ‘Outbound Rules’ instead of Inbound Rules, and then repeating all the following steps.
- Multiple instances of QuickBooks desktop on the same system: Having multiple copies of QuickBooks on your computer can also lead to an update error. If you are facing the error due to this reason, then you would need to manually download the updates for each version and complete the process manually. In such cases, the automated update process cannot be executed.
How do I turn on QuickBooks Update Service
The QuickBooks Update Service allows you to automate the update process in QuickBooks. To turn this service on, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Launch QuickBooks and then go to the ‘Help’ menu.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ from the given options.
- Step 3: Then click on the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- Step 4: Click on ‘Get Updates’ to begin the process.
- Step 5: When the download completes, restart the QuickBooks program.
- Step 6: On being prompted, confirm the process of installing the new updates you just downloaded.
- Step 7: Then go to ‘Options’ under the ‘Help’ menu.
- Step 8: Click on ‘Yes’ in the relevant option to turn on automated updates.
- Step 9: Complete the process by clicking on ‘Close.’
Being unable to update your QuickBooks can be frustrating since you cannot use the many latest features and functions provided by Intuit. In such cases, identify the reason for the unsuccessful updates and then apply the relevant solutions as provided here. This will enable you to successfully resolve the issue and keep your QuickBooks updated at all times to help increase your productivity.