Quickbooks Error 3371
QuickBooks Desktop software helps you save time and money that you spend hiring a bookkeeper or an accountant, and the software manages all your transaction and finances of the organisation. The only problem is that it is prone to several errors and issues that may occur while working in the QuickBooks Desktop software. One error that has been reported a lot of late by numerous software users is QuickBooks Error 3371. In this blog, we will educate you more about the QuickBooks Error 3371, its symptoms, root causes and the fixes of the same. So please read the blog till the end and fix the error if at all needed.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371
There are numerous errors and issues in the QuickBooks Desktop software, and the QuickBooks Error 3371 is one of them the error mainly occurs when MSMXL component gets damaged.
There are three versions of the QuickBooks Error 3371 that you might come across while working on the QuickBooks Desktop software. The three different versions are as follows:
- Error 3371
- Error 3371, Status Code – 111118
- Error 3371, Status Code – 1
To understand any error, you must learn the different root causes of the same and the symptoms that may help you first identify the error and then fix it later, so please read the next segment about the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371
Symptoms can be described as the signs, and it can help you identify the particular error. The symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 3371 are as follows:
- If you are not able to open or access the Company File in your QuickBooks Desktop software is a sign that there is QB error 3371 in your software.
- In some cases, if you have not been able to open the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- The installation files that cannot repair can be signs that you face the Error 3371.
These are the signs that the error you are facing is the QuickBooks Error 3371, but reading the symptoms and identifying the error is just one aspect of it and the other aspect is the root causes of the same which is detailed in our next paragraph.
Root Cause of QuickBooks Error 3371
Root causes can also be named as the main reasons behind a particular issue. In this case, the root causes behind the QuickBooks Error 3371 are as follows:
- The component that is required to run the QuickBooks Desktop software is missing or got corrupted.
- An outdated windows OS can also be one of the many reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 3371.
- The file that contains all the license-related information of the QuickBooks Desktop software is damaged.
- If you are trying to open a file which has not been saved earlier may result in the QuickBooks Error 3371.
These are the main reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 3371. The next part of the blog is how can you fix the error 3371, so please read the next segment very carefully.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks Error 3371 is a very standard error that may occur in the software at any point of time and to fix that some manual solutions are as follows:
Delete ECML File: Deleting the ECML file can help you fix the QuickBooks Error 3371. To do that you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Open the Run Window by pressing the Window+R key and put C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the search bar.
- Now you will see the ECML file in the top search, delete that file and close that window.
After performing the steps, please ensure that you restart the QuickBooks Desktop software and then look for the error again and after that if you still see the error then move on to the next given solution.
Rename the Entitlement file: Reaming the Entitlement file can also help you fix the QuickBooks Error 3371, to rename the Entitlement file you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Open the Run Window by pressing the Window+R key and put “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement” in the search bar.
- Now rename the file and then make sure that you restart the software and the PC or the workstation that is having this problem.
These are the two definite solutions of the QuickBooks Error 3371 and if the problem remains then running a scan from the QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub is highly recommended.
In some cases, updating the QB software and sometimes updating the windows OS is highly recommended. You make sure that your system OS and the QB Desktop software have been updated to their latest version.
It is not a hidden thing that the software is prone to errors, but you need to know that most of these errors are fixable and QuickBooks Error 3371 falls in the same category that can be fixed using different solutions tools that are detailed in this blog.
This blog will help you know the QuickBooks Error 3371, symptoms and the root causes, and the error’s manual solutions. Hope that this blog adds some value to your information bank.
About the author
Spread the word about us. Share if you Like this article 👍.