Download QuickBooks 2020 right now if you haven’t already done so, and then follow these ten simple steps:
- Turn on the computer: Locate the computer’s power switch and turn it on. Your screen can vary slightly from the figures below depending on which version of Windows you’re using (Windows 7, 8, or 10). By the way, I’m running Windows 10. (Not that it matters or that you care.)
- Click Next after downloading the QuickBooks app: QuickBooks was most likely bought directly from the Intuit website. If this is the case, Windows will prompt you to run the InstallShield Wizard (another application) after you download the app, which will launch the QuickBooks installation software. After a while, Windows will display a small message box that says Welcome to QuickBooks Desktop. To get things started, click Next in the message box. (You may have to press Next a second time.)
- Select Next after you’ve indicated that you approve the QuickBooks licencing agreement: When the QuickBooks installation software begins, it asks if you agree to follow its laws, which are spelt out in excruciating detail in the licencing deal shown onscreen. Select the check box called I Accept the Terms of the License Agreement and then click Next. If you do and you must agree to install the software.
- Select Next after entering the License and Product Numbers: Enter these two pieces of licencing details (they should be written on a yellow sticker on the back of the CD sleeve or displayed on the purchase receipt window if you downloaded the software) and then select Next when the License and Product Numbers window appears.
- Describe any network sharing you want to do: Specify whether you’ll share the QuickBooks data file over a network in the Custom and Network Options window. The majority of small businesses do not. If your company is in this scenario, simply tell them you’ll just use QuickBooks on the device where the software is being mounted.
Depending on the version of QuickBooks you install, you may have a variety of other choices. You can install QuickBooks on the computer and make the QuickBooks data accessible to other computers on the network or store the QuickBooks data file without installing the QuickBooks software.
- Then click Next after selecting the installation spot: To use the Intuit default installation location, click Next when the Update or Alter Installation Location window appears. (For 999 out of 1,000 users, the default installation position is sufficient.) You are not obliged to build in the suggested spot.
You can store the QuickBooks software and data files in a different location if you prefer. I won’t detail this choice because most people won’t want to (or shouldn’t) do so. Furthermore, if you know how to modify the QuickBooks installation location settings securely, you won’t need my assistance finding out how to make this move.
- Click Install to begin the installation: As soon as you click Update, the installation software informs you that it is finally ready to start. The software installs QuickBooks Desktop. A progress bar appears when the installation software is running.
Simply click Cancel if you need to stop the installation at any point. QuickBooks alerts you to the fact that your configuration is incomplete. That’s fine; the next time you set up, start from scratch.
- After the installation software has completed, click Open QuickBooks.
- Congratulations on your achievement: You’ve done the installation. You’ve added new software to your Programs menu, and you’ve probably added new shortcuts to your screen.
- Switch on QuickBooks: The software prompts you to trigger QuickBooks the first time you open it. Activation essentially entails informing QuickBooks of your identity. QuickBooks will simply ask you to confirm that its guess is correct if it can guess your identity using the old product registration details it finds on your device. You’ll have to go through some hoops and provide additional identifying information if you don’t.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Desktop software helps you to manage the finances of different organisations. The software is so reliable and easy to use that you can become a pro in managing accounts and finances if you give it some time.
This blog’s whole idea is to help you understand how you can install the QuickBooks Desktop software without using a CD. I hope that this blog helps you, and it was worth a read.