QuickBooks Enterprise System Requirements
You may have recently downloaded the most recent QuickBooks Desktop edition and plan to share your company file with others, either internally or externally. But where do you begin this procedure?
The first step is to figure out how you’ll share so you can figure out what QuickBooks server specifications you’ll need. A company may either have a dedicated server computer or use one workstation as the host in most cases. In this case, the primary technical QuickBooks Server specifications are as follows:
- Windows – This is the edition of Windows that is used in the United States.
- When set to English Processor – 2.4 GHz minimum, regional settings are enabled.
- 4GB of RAM is needed for 1-5 users, with 8GB being suggested.
- 2.5GB of disc space is available (additional required for data files)
Specifications for the system
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (or R2), 2016, or 2019 support Windows 8.1 Update 1 or Windows 10 update/version.
- Processor speed of 2.4 GHz
- RAM of 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
- 2.5 GB of disc space is suggested (additional space required for data files)
- A total of four DVD-ROM drives are available (unless the user is downloading from Intuit server)
- Internet access is needed for payroll and online features (1 Mbps recommended speed)
- Registration of the product is necessary.
- They are built for a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels or higher. Supports up to two different displays in addition to the Workstation Monitor. Default DPI settings have been optimised.
Integration of other applications
- Integration with Microsoft Word and Excel includes Office 2013-2019 or Microsoft 365. (32 and 64 bit)
- Estimates, invoices, and other ways can be emailed using Microsoft Outlook 2013-2019, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Gmail, and Outlook.com®, as well as other SMTP-enabled email clients. QuickBooks POS 12.0, 18.0, or 19.0 integration.
- Data can be transferred between Quicken 2016-2020, QuickBooks Mac 2016-2021, and Microsoft Excel 2013-2019, Microsoft 365. (32 or 64 bit)
The QuickBooks Enterprise Database Server Manager is the most critical component of the QuickBooks server specifications. We’ll take a look at the QuickBooks Enterprise Database Server Manager and how to instal it in this post.
Server Manager for QuickBooks Enterprise Database
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager enables an organisation to share its files across a network. Users must be able to access company files, and the QuickBooks Enterprise Database Server Manager must be running for you to track the network. Follow these instructions from Intuit if you need to install the QuickBooks Enterprise Database Server Manager:
- If you haven’t already, get QuickBooks Desktop. The download executable includes the QuickBooks Enterprise Database Server Manager.
- Install QuickBooks Enterprise Database Service Manager on the device that will act as the server or host the company file.
- Close all open programmes, including QuickBooks, on your server computer.
- Open the downloaded installation file. Setup QuickBooks.exe is the name of the programme.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Here’s how to locate your product or licence numbers if you need them.
- Select Custom or Network Choices when QuickBooks asks you to choose an instal form. Then choose Next. Selecting Express is not a good idea.
- Select the best choice for your network configuration and then Next. The Database Server Manager is installed with both options. This will not overwrite any current company data if QuickBooks Desktop is already installed on your server computer.
- Suppose you want Database Server Manager and QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer. This is a highly recommended choice.
- Select I will NOT be using QuickBooks Desktop. If you just want Database Service Manager on your server machine.
- Follow the onscreen instructions for the rest of the operation. Select Install when you’re finished. You can be asked for permission by Windows.
- To ensure that the QuickBooks Enterprise Database Manager will operate on the server device, configure the firewall and antivirus permissions. This is also important since QuickBooks relies on ports and executables to complete those tasks.
- Make sure QuickBooks Enterprise Database Manager is up to date. This is not a manual update, and once you update QuickBooks Desktop, the QuickBooks Enterprise Database Manager will update automatically.
- Check the folder containing your company file with QuickBooks Business Database Manager.
- Only the server should have Multi-user Access enabled. Confirm the prompt by selecting Host Multi-User Access.
You should now have everything you need to meet the QuickBooks server specifications. From your dedicated QuickBooks server, you can start working on your company files.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Desktop software helps you to manage the finances of a particular organisation. In this blog, you will get to know more about the system requirements of QuickBooks Enterprise. I hope that this blog helped you and was worth your time.