QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that has been on the market for 38 years and has always been well-liked by bookkeepers and accountants of all types. Since its launch in the western market, the software has been a huge success. QuickBooks Desktop software is prone to various errors and issues, which is one of the software’s major drawbacks, and QuickBooks Error 15214 is one of them. QB Error 15214 can be fixed with the use of several manual solutions and tools, such as QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub, which are both accessible on Intuit’s official website. The goal of this blog is to assist you in understanding the root causes and many important elements of QuickBooks Error 15214, therefore please read the entire blog attentively.
What is QuickBooks Error 15214
As previously stated, the QuickBooks Desktop software is prone to various errors and issues, with the most common error occurring when you fail to go to the QuickBooks Company File is Error 15214, when QB Desktop is not updated at regular intervals, this issue often occurs. This blog will concentrate on the many causes and quick solutions to the QuickBooks Error 15214 try plainly and effectively. To comprehend any error, you must first understand the root causes, which will allow you to understand the specific problem that is causing it, as well as how to correct it if you know what the primary cause is, so kindly read the following section of this blog.
The Root Cause of QuickBooks Error 15214
The basic reasons, also known as root causes, can help you figure out what’s causing the error or issue that you’re facing. Like already mentioned, the software has many issues and errors and to understand any error better you must know how can you fix the error in no time. The primary reasons for QuickBooks Error 15214 are as follows:
- QuickBooks is unable to validate the digital signature of a file due to a misconfiguration of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- One of the causes of the error might be a problem with internet access.
- Due to an incomplete installation, QuickBooks files were corrupted.
- QuickBooks installation was unsuccessful.
- The Windows registry has been damaged.
- Malware is a problem.
- A corrupted Windows file has been found.
These are the primary reasons for Error 15214, and now that you know what they are, all you have to do is correct the problem. To do so, read our following section, which will undoubtedly assist you in resolving QuickBooks Error 15214.
Read more about: “QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032“
How To Solve QuickBooks Error 15214
QuickBooks Desktop software has always been prone to errors and issues, and you may use tools like QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub, both of which can be available on the Intuit official website, to fix them. You might also attempt some of the manual solutions listed below to resolve the issue:
- Solution 1: Perform a Clean Install: Your previous install directories are automatically renamed by the Clean Install Tool. When you reinstall QuickBooks, you’ll be able to add new install files:
- Select Installation Issues from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Clean Install Tool is selected, then OK is selected.
- Choose your QuickBooks and product versions (you got these in the Step 1 section of this blog). Then press the Continue button.
- When the notice “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” appears, choose OK.
- You’re ready to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop when the Clean Install Tool completes.
These are the steps that will help you to perform a clean install of the QuickBooks Desktop software that may help you to fix the QuickBooks Error 15214 and if in case you still face the error then you must move on to the next given solution.
- Solution 2: Edit Internet Explorer options: You may restore Internet Explorer’s settings to the state they were when it was originally installed on your computer. This is important for debugging issues that may have arisen as a result of changes made after installation. Please keep in mind that this procedure is not reversible, and any prior Internet Explorer settings will be lost if you do so.
- All open windows and applications should be closed.
- Select Tools > Internet options in Internet Explorer.
- The Advanced tab should be selected.
- Select Reset in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
- Select Reset in the box labelled “Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?”
- Select Close, then OK after Internet Explorer has finished applying default settings. To make the modifications take effect, restart your computer.
These are the steps that will help you to edit the internet explorer settings that will eventually help you to fix the Error 15214 and if in case the error persists then you must move on to the next given solution.
- Solution 3: Update Microsoft Security Certificate: Updating the Microsoft security certificate may help you to fix the Error 15214 and to do that you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Then, under System and Security, choose Windows Update.
- Select View update history from the left window.
These are the steps that will help you to update the Microsoft Security Certificate and if in case you still face the same issue then you must move on to the next given solution.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks: Uninstalling and reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop software may help you to fix any issue that you are facing and to do that you can follow the steps that are given below:
Please note that you need to have your QuickBooks Desktop download file (or installation CD) and license numbers handy before you remove QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks should be closed.
- Select Applications from the Finder menu.
- Delete the QuickBooks icon by dragging it to the Trash.
- PLIST files in QuickBooks should be deleted.
- At first, you must open the Menu bar and then tap on the Finder option.
- Then you will have to choose the Library and keep holding on to the Option key.
- After that, you must open the Preferences folder.
- Now search for the PLIST files in which you must add com.intuit.QuickBooks20XX and delete the same. Also, verify the version of the QuickBooks Desktop software that you are using.
- Open the Macintosh HD in a new Finder window.
- Navigate to the Library folder, then to the Preferences folder.
- Look for PLIST files that include com.intuit.
- Move them to the Trash after QuickBooks20XX.
- The QuickBooks version you’re using is XX.
- Take out the garbage.
- Restart your computer.
- QuickBooks should be reinstalled.
These steps will help you to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop software which will eventually help you to fix the Error 15214. These are some of the manual solutions that will help you manually solve QuickBooks Error 15214. You may also use some of the tools accessible on Intuit’s official website, such as QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub and if in case this also doesn’t work then you can talk to one of our customer representatives that are available at the QuickBooks Desktop Error Support that you will get to know of in the next section of this blog.
How To Get Support For QuickBooks Error 15214?
If you are still unable to fix Error 15214 after attempting to use all of the procedures and resources provided above, you may contact one of our Customer Care specialists at QuickBooks Desktop Error Support. These professionals have undergone extensive training and have at least 5 years of expertise with accounting software. You may also speak to them directly, which will save you a lot of time, and as a wise person once said, “time is money,” and you will join the ranks of those wise people by doing so.
The QuickBooks Desktop application, as previously noted, is prone to several errors and issues, but this is true of all accounting software. All of these errors and issues may be handled with the use of manual methods and tools; the approaches have already been covered in this blog; however, when it comes to tools, QuickBooks Tool Hub and QuickBooks File Doctor are two that can be downloaded fast from Intuit’s website.
You may also contact QuickBooks Desktop Error Support to chat with one of our customer care representatives. Simply click the link, and one of our customer care representatives will call you at a time that is convenient for you to resolve your issue. Please bear in mind that these QuickBooks specialists are well-versed in the software and are available to help you at any time throughout the week. You may ask them about any issue you’re experiencing with QuickBooks Desktop, and they’ll take care of it right away.
To summarize, QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that aids in the management of a company’s accounts and money. Almost every small and mid-sized company organization in the Western world uses the software. The software is very dependable and simple to use.
The goal of this blog is to help you understand QuickBooks Error 15214 and some crucial components of it, such as root causes and manual remedies, so you can resolve the problem quickly. I hope that this blog helped resolve QuickBooks Error 15214 and that it was worthwhile to read.