QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that has always been on the top in the accounting software market of the U.S.A., U.K. and Canada. The software was firstly launched in 1983 by the name of Quicken, back then it was not that good but it was the only accounting software that survived and after a long wait it got changed to QuickBooks and from then on never looked back. The QB software has always been a favourite for entrepreneurs who runs small and mid-sized businesses and is also loved by almost every generation of bookkeepers and accountants and of late the freelancers have also given a green tick to this software.
There is a reason why this software has such amazing longevity and that is it is constantly been updated according to the changing times and federal rules and guidelines. The software is full of different features and functions that make managing accounts not only easy but fun, which keeps you into your business and when work becomes fun it’s easy to increase your productivity which is a definite boon to your business. This is an ideal accounting software the only flaw that it has is that it gets easily affected by a big number of errors and issues and QuickBooks Error PS107 is one such issue that you might face while running the software. This blog is dedicated to helping you understand the aspects related to the error that will help you to not only understand the exact reason behind it but also can fix it with some of the solutions which have been detailed in the latter part of this blog.
What is QuickBooks Error PS107
QuickBooks is one software that is prone to different errors and issues but these are not very major errors they are very minor small issues that can be fixed by some tool or some manual solution. As the name suggests, the PS stands for payroll services it is a payroll error that majorly occurs due to the damaged company files, it can also occur when you try to install a payroll update in your QuickBooks Desktop software. To resolve this error you first need to find the root causes behind the QuickBooks Error PS107 that has been given in the next section please read them properly so that you don’t need to struggle while fixing it.
The Root Cause Of QuickBooks Error PS107
Well like root causes can be stated as the factors that are responsible for the particular error and that helps you to not only understand but also when it comes to resolving that particular error. The root cause of QuickBooks Error PS107 are as follows:
- Caused by a damaged file: Damaged files can not only be the reason behind the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107 but also some of the other errors so please make sure that all your company files are well intact and in place.
- Membership status: Check with the membership status of your payroll if that is not expired cause that can also be one of the reasons behind the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107.
- Older version: Running an older version of QuickBooks Desktop software can also be one of the reasons behind the occurrence of this error, so make sure that your software is updated to its latest version.
- Malware infection: Malware infection is one problem that we all have to face, the reason can be downloading some files from an unknown source or using an infected drive into your computer, using a good antivirus is highly recommended.
- Partial installation of the QuickBooks Desktop: While installing the QuickBooks Desktop software make sure that it is clinical and you are using all the legitimate license keys and downloads, this can be one of the reasons behind the occurrence of any error in the software.
These are some of the possible factors behind the QuickBooks Error PS107, this will help you to correct the mistakes that you’ve made unknowingly and also can be helpful when you try to fix the error. Talking about resolving the error you must go through the manual solutions that have been detailed in the next segment of this blog to give it a good attentive read.
Read more about: “QuickBooks Error PS101“
How To Solve QuickBooks Error PS107
Any error that occurs in the QuickBooks Desktop software is almost recoverable and you can do that by doing minute changes or applying the solutions correctly that you will discover in this section for QuickBooks Error PS107. The solutions that may help you to resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107 are as follows:
- Solution 1: Update QuickBooks application: Updating the QuickBooks Desktop software can help you to resolve a lot of errors and doing this can also help you to fix this particular error and to do that you must follow the steps that are given below:
- At first, you need to navigate to the Help menu in QuickBooks.
- After that, you will find Update QuickBooks and then Update Now options that you have to select.
- Then you need to tap on the ‘Get Updates’ option after selecting the update you want to do. From the Update column, you may also find out what’s included in the update. Select the Maintenance Release option from the drop-down menu. A new page will appear with the update’s modifications and enhancements.
- QuickBooks should be turned off. When you open QuickBooks the next time, you’ll be prompted to apply the update. You will get the option of downloading the update now or later.
- Once you’re done with the update please make sure that you restart your computer.
Following the steps will lead you to update the QuickBooks application to its latest version that you are using and that can play a very helpful role to resolve the QuickBooks Error PS107, you can also use some of the manual solutions given below.
- Solution 2: Terminate QuickBooks Processes Using Task Manager: Terminating the QuickBooks Processes using the task manager can help you to fix the QuickBooks Error PS107 and to do that you just need to apply the steps that are as follows:
- Open your company file in QuickBooks.
- Select Edit that you will find in the Preferences option from the menu bar.
- Now you have to choose the General icon which has been given on the left side of the window.
- After this, you need to tap on the My Preferences option.
- Now you will have to clear the tick labelled Keep QuickBooks running for rapid starts and after that tap on the OK button.
- Once you’re done with the whole process make sure that you restart the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Applying the aforementioned steps will help you to terminate QuickBooks Processes using the task manager that may help you to resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107 and if in case it doesn’t work you can move on to the next given solution.
- Solution 3: Download & Install Latest Updates for Payroll Tax Table: The simplest method to accomplish this is to set up automatic updates in QuickBooks so that it automatically downloads payroll changes as soon as they become available. You may also get the most recent payroll update from QuickBooks at any time:
- First, and foremost you need to open the Help menu, and then choose the update QuickBooks option.
- After that, you must select the Update Now option from the given drop-down menu.
- Then you need to Choose to Get Updates.
- You can then select Exit after selecting the particular File.
- After doing it all please make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop software has been restarted.
These are the steps that will help you to download and update the payroll tax table and if in case this also doesn’t work you can move on to the next given solution.
- Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode: The selected starting mode prevents third-party applications from interfering with the operation of other software. If you’re used to dealing with windows, go as follows:
- Use an administrator account to log in to Windows.
- Press Windows + R at the same time.
- Type MSConfig into the search box. Click the “OK” button.
- Select Selective startup from the General tab. Also, tick the box next to Load system services.
- You need to select the Hide all Microsoft services option which has been given in the services tab.
- Select Disable all from the drop-down menu.
- Remove the checkmark next to Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Select the Windows Installer checkbox.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Select System Configuration from the drop-down menu. Restart is the option to choose.
Applying the aforementioned steps will help you to reinstall QuickBooks in selective startup mode that may help you to eliminate this error. These are some of the solutions that may help you fix QuickBooks Error PS107, but if you’re still having trouble, consider conducting a scan using the QuickBooks Tool Hub or QuickBooks File Doctor, both of which are Intuit-developed tools that may help you fix such a small issue. You can download these tools for free from Intuit’s official website, and if you still can’t fix it, you should hire a professional. Ignoring these small errors can lead to QuickBooks Won’t Stop, which can later become a major problem for you to resolve, so please make sure that you fix every error that you encounter while using QuickBooks Desktop software.
To summarise, QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that has been there for years and it has become a daily habit in the life of bookkeepers and accountants and that habit developed because it has been this good all these years. But like any other computer accounting software, it is also prone to a lot of errors and issues, QuickBooks Error PS107 is one of them and this is why this blog is created to help you to not only resolve it but also understand the mistakes that you are doing that leads you to the error. I hope that reading this blog makes a change and adds a little value to your information bank.