This article helps you to understand to access the folder in multi-user mode supposed to have the right Windows permissions. QuickBooks has component requires to function in multi-user mode.
Note : Before Performing Any Steps Make Sure You Go Through The Complete Article
- Make sure windows installation directories have right permissions
- For Users who all are using Microsoft Windows Home Edition, You won’t be able to find the security tab in normal mode. It can be found in SAFE MODE.
- Press and hold the Windows button and press letter R to execute MSCONFIG command to bring up the System Configuration window. From the Boot, tab select Enable Safe boot and network click apply and restart your computer. This process would restart your computer in Safemode with Networking. For Windows 8,8.1,10 User Press and hold SHIFT key and restart you computer for boot options.
- QuickBooks Service (qbdataservicexx) depends upon the version of QuickBooks for example QuickBooks Desktop: 2019 has service (qbdataserviceuser29)
How To Set Up And Verify That Folder Permissions Are Set Correctly
- Clicks on the windows icon (applicable for windows 7 /vista) or open windows file explorer
- Find the folder contains company file and Right-click on it to access properties
- Then the Security tab and click on Advanced
- Choose qbdataserviceuserxx and edit
- Allow following settings
- Traverse Folder/Execute File
- List Folder/Read Data
- Read Attributes
- Read Extended Attributes
- Create Files/Write Data
- Create Folders/Append Data
- Write Attributes
- Write Extended Attributes
- Read Permissions
If you have incorrect folder permissions
- Do right click on the company file folder and choose properties again
- Then Security and edit
- Now allow qbdataserviceuserxx full control, Once you are done click Apply.
If you would like to make an adjustment with the folder permissions
- Windows start button then file explorer
- Choose folder list below and right-click
You may not see all these folders, Some these folders are QuickBooks Desktop version-specific
- Right-click on folder choose properties
- Then Security choose everyone
- Choose Full Control and apply
How to set windows 10 and 8 users access permissions to share QuickBooks Company file.
- Windows start menu choose file explorer
- Right-click on QuickBooks company file folder
- Then properties and then sharing and click on add share
- Choose QuickBooks component depending upon the version of QuickBooks (qbdataserviceuserXX)
- Set Full Control and click share
Set Permissions For Windows Server
Note: Before You Proceed Just Make Sure File And Storage Services Should Be Installed
- Press And Hold Windows Key And Press Letter R To Bring RUN
- Type Server Manager And Click Ok
- Choose File And Storage Service And Then Share
- From The Drop-Down Menu Select New Share
- You Have A List Of Profile Visible
- Choose Default SMB Share Selection May Vary As Per Your Setup
- Then Share Location Choose A Custom Path And Choose The Folder You Would Like To Share And Hit Next
- You Can Keep The Default Selection Inside Configuration Share Settings And Click Next
For More Information Feel Free To Reach.