What versions of QuickBooks are still supported?
Each year, Intuit executes a service termination policy, often known as a “sunset policy,” which affects a version of QuickBooks Desktop, with the QuickBooks 2018 product line being the target for 2021. The following goods are subject to the May 31, 2021 sunset:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2018.
- Premier Edition of QuickBooks Desktop 2018 (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2018 is a desktop accounting programme.
- Version 18 of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
Access to add-on services for these QuickBooks Desktop 2018 packages will be withdrawn after May 31, 2021. QuickBooks Desktop 2018 software users will lose access to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services, Live Support, Online Backup, Online Banking, and other services after May 31, 2021. The essential features and operations of QuickBooks Desktop 2018 should continue to work even if you don’t use any of the add-on services.
Please note that from June 1, 2021, you will no longer have access to live technical support for any QuickBooks Desktop 2018 products or any relevant Intuit services, and you will no longer get essential security upgrades. So, if any maintenance or security updates arrive before this date, you should install them.
In addition, any service linked to an Intuit server, such as licencing verification, may not be available for the QuickBooks 2018 product line. After the sunset date, Intuit cannot guarantee that you will register items or retrieve product-license codes or product-id codes for these goods.
Do I need to upgrade to QuickBooks 2018?
To avoid problems caused by the sunset of these products or their associated service discontinuations. You should consider upgrading to a supported version of QuickBooks Desktop. You already have a licence, securing licencing for the most recent QuickBooks Desktop version, or possibly migrating from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
Access to add-on services for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2018 will be withdrawn after May 31, 2021. This includes QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions v18 in all versions.
If you don’t use any of the QuickBooks Desktop 2018 add-on services, your software will continue to function normally. You won’t be able to sign up for live technical support or any of the other Intuit services that work with QuickBooks Desktop.
There are a few more Intuit products that are affected by the termination of add-on services, in addition to QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2018.
QuickBooks Desktop 2018 software users will lose access to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services, Live Support, Online Backup, Online Banking, and other services after May 31, 2021. Starting June 1, 2021, you will no longer receive essential security updates. Install any security updates that arrive before this date.
How do I upgrade from 2018 to 2021 in QuickBooks?
Intuit has released the latest edition of QuickBooks Desktop Premier, which includes some new and improved features to increase the accounting software’s utility and convenience of use. The highlights of the QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2021 version are as follows:
- Automatic classification or batch-editing of bank transactions based on accounts, payees, and classes allows for the faster import of bank data.
- You can automate the creation of receipt expense entries with the QuickBooks Desktop Mobile application.
- To give your payment receipts a more professional appearance, you can now include logos and custom format them.
- Customers can now receive statements automatically, allowing you to accept payments more swiftly. There’s no need to manually send payment statements to your consumers to remind them to settle their open accounts.
- You can create rule-based client groups depending on customer type, geography, balance, and other factors. It aids in the improvement of customer communications.
All of the above characteristics make your job a lot easier and help you meet your industry’s specialised criteria. The latest additions and updates to the QB Desktop Premier’s already existing functions are sure to tempt anyone to switch to the latest edition as soon as possible.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that has always been on the top since the time that it has got the launch. In this blog, you will get to know more about the life of QuickBooks desktop software, so please read the whole vlog very carefully. I hope that this blog helped you and was worth your time.