Working remotely with QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus
QuickBooks is a popular accounting and financial management software used by professionals and companies. QuickBooks adds to its appeal with a straightforward user interface that makes accounting simpler for even the most inexperienced users. As a result, QuickBooks controls more than 80% of the accounting industry for small and mid-sized companies in the United States
the United Kingdom, and Canada. Despite its many advantages, there are certain aspects of QuickBooks that can be found wanting. Remote access to QuickBooks files is one of them. The demand for remote access to accounting data is rising as companies go global, and an increasing number of users can operate from a remote location or on the go. The desktop edition of QuickBooks, on the other hand, does not have this functionality by default. Despite its many advantages, there are certain aspects of QuickBooks that can be found wanting. Remote access to QuickBooks files is one of them.
Many consumers are encouraged by globalisation to operate from remote locations or anywhere, even when on the move. It contributes to a rise in the market for accounting data that can be accessed remotely. The QuickBooks desktop edition, on the other hand, does not have this feature by default.
Advantages of QuickBooks Remote Access
Users that have remote access to QuickBooks will be able to benefit from several advantages that will add value to their business operations, including:
- For accountants, it saves time and money on travel and office infrastructure.
- Accounting professionals can always have up-to-date QuickBooks access, even when they are not in the office.
- Users can work on the same QuickBooks file at the same time.
- Business owners or managers may track accountants’ actions.
Intuit Supported Remote Access Options For QuickBooks
Intuit provides the following options to support QuickBooks remote access functionality:
- QuickBooks Desktop is hosted in the cloud: Intuit enables the storage of QuickBooks Desktop applications on third-party servers, known as cloud hosting. Authenticated users can access QuickBooks, installed on hosting providers’ servers, from anywhere on the internet. The user has access to all of the functionality of the desktop app, and it also supports cross-device (desktop, tablet, laptop, and other) operations. Along with cross-device compatibility, this service offers accounting professionals an advantage because they don’t have to worry about installing or maintaining QuickBooks. After all, the hosting service provider handles those duties.
- Service to switch to QuickBooks Online: The QuickBooks hosting services also take care of security issues. End-to-end encryption, anti-virus and anti-malware schemes, intrusion detection and prevention, multiple firewalls, multi-user authentication, automatic backups, and other features are available from most vendors. QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based accounting software from Intuit. You can log in at any time from any internet-connected computer and begin working on your accounting tasks. The number of users who can collaborate at the same time is determined by the plan you choose.
- Using the QuickBooks Remote Access: The QuickBooks Remote Access tool allows you to connect to a remote computer where QuickBooks is installed. It can copy files between local and remote computers, print files on the remote server using the local printer, and remotely access QuickBooks data folders and files, among other things. This software is based on the Cisco WebEx tool, which allows for online meetings and collaboration. QuickBooks Remote Access is a QuickBooks accounting software add-on that comes in two flavours: QuickBooks Access and QuickBooks Full Desktop Access. The tool can be purchased directly from Intuit’s website. There is a lot of third-party remote access software on the market that provides almost identical services. You will use them to use QuickBooks remotely in the same way you would on a local desktop. However, some issues, such as network connectivity between the two devices, permissions setup, and so on, can cause problems with smooth operations.
- QuickBooks Hosting: For professionals and businesses that need QuickBooks remote access regularly and need a better communication system among multiple users. To get a firsthand experience, try QuickBooks Hosting for Free for ten days.
- QuickBooks Online: For professionals and companies who need remote access to QuickBooks regularly but don’t need many QuickBooks features.
- QuickBooks Remote Access Tool: For individual users who do not need regular remote access to the application.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Desktop software is one excellent accounting software that may help you manage your finances and accounts of a particular organisation. The whole idea of this blog is to help you understand how can you work remotely with QuickBooks Desktop Pro plus. I hope that this blog helped you and was worth a read.