QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that has always been widely regarded by all bookkeepers and accountants and has mainly been used by mid-sized or small businesses and organisations. The different versions of the software are as follows:
- QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks Pro
- QuickBooks Premier
- QuickBooks Enterprise
- QuickBooks for Mac
- QuickBooks Online
These are the different versions that you can choose to work according to the business needs of you and your organisation. If you need to shift between or switch from one version to another, you can do that as well, and in this blog, you will learn how to switch from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop, so please read the whole blog very carefully.
What is the process for switching from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop?
Here are some details to convert their QuickBooks Online data to the desktop very easily. No one can transfer information directly from QuickBooks Online to Desktop. A person may nevertheless export their Quickbooks Online data to QuickBooks Desktop and convert them.
- At first, you need to login into your QuickBooks Online account and after that, tap on the QB Gear icon.
- After that, you need to select the ‘Export Data’ option, and then you need to enter the reason for transferring the data.
- Tap on ‘Continue’ and then review your data which is given on the export overview screen.
- After that, tap on the option which says ‘Export to Excel.’ Now you need to tap on ‘Continue to Download’, which is given on the ‘Exporting from QB Online’ page.
- Lastly, you simply need to follow the on-screen pop-ups to finish.
These are the steps that will help you convert from QuickBooks Online to the Desktop version of QuickBooks. Now that you know how to convert from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop software, you must read how you can export and restore data from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop, which is given in our next section, so please give it a good read.
Export and convert data from QuickBooks Online to Desktop
These are the steps to move your data from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop. You should be aware of the following criteria before converting your data:
- You can only export if you are using the US version of QuickBooks Online to convert into the desktop version of QuickBooks.
- You need to login from the Admin or one of the accountants who have been given the power to export from the Admin.
- To export QuickBooks Online to the desktop version, you will need the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- You will also need the QuickBooks Desktop installed on your PC to have no problem when you try to export from QuickBooks Online to Desktop.
These are the steps that will help you to move your data from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop. Now you must read how can you export the data. After verifying it, to do that, you must read the next section very attentively.
Export the data after it’s been verified: To export the data after it’s been verified you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- To get started, Tap on the Get Started option.
- After that, tap on the Download Tool option.
- To finish the step, make sure that you have the migration tool installed on your PC and follow the instructions on the screen.
- After that, you need to select the data you wish to export and then hit the Next button.
- Then, hit the Next button after selecting the data you want to convert.
Getting into the App store: if you are downloading the software on one of your IOS devices, then you can always follow the steps given below:
- To get this app on one of your ios devices, you need to open the App Store from your ios device.
- You can download any app or game that you want to use or play, and for games, you can also subscribe to apple arcade.
These are the steps that will help you download any software or app available on the App Store. You can also download QuickBooks Desktop on your PC, which is detailed in our next segment.
Download QuickBooks Desktop: To download the QuickBooks Desktop, you can follow the steps that are given below:
- Download and install the QuickBooks Desktop version on your PC if you haven’t already. If you don’t have a license, you can get a trial of QuickBooks Desktop to utilise for this step.
- To begin, open the QuickBooks Desktop application. Select Close Company from the File menu. Keep QuickBooks Desktop open after you finish the remainder of the steps. Note that the converting step is presently limited to QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. You may then attempt converting to QuickBooks for Mac after the conversion is complete.
These are the steps that will help you download QuickBooks Desktop software. You also need to sign in to QuickBooks Online and Download the migration tool detailed in our next segment.
Sign in to QuickBooks Online and Download the Migration Tool: To sign in to QuickBooks Online and download the Migration tool, you can follow the steps that are given below:
- Using a compatible web browser, log in to the QuickBooks Online account you wish to convert using the credentials or the information associated with your Intuit account.
- Replace everything following /app/ with the URL. The URL is https://cxx.qbo.intuit.com/app/exportqbodatatoqbdt, where XX is a number you should never change, and you should press Enter after that. But during this time, other support task links will not work.
- An Export Overview Window will appear, which you have to read. If you would like, you can print it. After that, click on Get Started.
- To get the QuickBooks Desktop migration utility, you have to click the Download tool.
- After you’ve downloaded the tool, run it to install it and then select the Next option.
- Accept the licensing agreement’s conditions and click Next.
- Select Complete as the setup type, then clicks on the Next option. After that, click on Install.
- The finish is the last option. Note that earlier versions of Safari and Internet Explorer are no longer supported.
These steps will help you sign in to QuickBooks Online and download the migration tool. You also need to prepare the file for export and select your data in QuickBooks Online Export.
Prepare File for export and select your data in QuickBooks Online Export: To prepare a file for export and select your data in QuickBooks Online Export, you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Open Settings and tap on the ‘Export Data’ option under the Tools section.
- You must now Tap on the Reports option and then adjust the date to suit your requirements.
- The Reports and Lists option allows you to add or remove items based on your requirements.
- Finally, you need to Tap on the Export to Excel option.
Please note that you can export Estimates, Purchase Orders, Customer Statements, Attachments, Recurring Templates, Charts of accounts and Products and services into your desktop version of QuickBooks.
These steps will help you prepare files for export and select your data in QuickBooks Online Export. Now that you know this, you must read how can you run the QuickBooks Migration Tool detailed in our next segment.
Run the QuickBooks Migration Tool
To run the Migration tool, you just need to follow the steps that are given below:
- First and foremost, you need to open the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Now you must download and install the QuickBooks Migration Tool, which you should have previously done according to this blog.
- The location to the QBXML file that has to be downloaded must be entered, and then the Import option must be selected.
- For your new QB file, you must tap on a location and a name.
- Tap on the read/to modify permissions. Tap on Continue and after that on Done, which will pop up on the confirmation screen.
- Tap on Done when the process is finished.
Verify the Data
Use the Profit and Loss report once you’ve exported your firm so that you can make sure your books are in order. Compare one report in QuickBooks Online to the same report in QuickBooks Desktop. If you’re comparing reports, make sure they’re both run on an accrual basis.
Reports often go wrong due to export restrictions and the usage of unsupported Internet Explorer versions. Check out limitations for details on what converts and doesn’t when you convert QuickBooks to QuickBooks Desktop online.
- Go to File and Tap on Close business in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go back, attempt to have your file converted again. This problem may be resolved by converting a second time. After that, re-check the reports on profit and loss. Enter manual changes to fix the problem, if they do not yet match
Cancel QuickBooks Subscription
The steps for cancelling QuickBooks Online differs based on where you bought your subscription. You must cancel via the app store if you signed up through a mobile app store. Follow the steps which are given below, depending on where you bought your QuickBooks Online subscription:
- To start, login into your QuickBooks Online using your admin account, be sure to do so via a web browser on a computer.
- After that, go to the ‘Settings’ menu and Tap on ‘Account and Settings’.
- Select ‘Billing & Subscription’ from the drop-down menu.
- If you wish to terminate your membership, go to the QuickBooks section and press Cancel Subscription or Cancel Online Tab.
- If you need, you may reactivate before the three attempts to charge the payment method.
These are the steps that will help you cancel the QuickBooks Online subscription, and you can follow these steps to cancel the QuickBooks online subscription. You can also contact us at QuickBooks Desktop Error Support, and the QuickBooks Technicians will help you with anything related to any of the QuickBooks Desktop versions.
QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that has always been on the top since its launch. The software has many versions, and you can switch between them according to your needs. In this blog, you will get to know more about converting QB Online to QB Desktop, changing from QB Online data to desktop QB, exporting, converting, installing and signing in to QB Online, and many more. I hope that this blog proves to be helpful and was worth your time.