QuickBooks is a software that is mainly used by all the accountants and bookkeepers around the world. The software is marketed and developed by Intuit. The software helps you to organize your business & finances all in one place so you can be extra productive.
The different functions or features such as the software is elementary to use and set up, stays on top of invoices, manage expenses, get reliable reports never to miss the date of filing taxes, and import all your data from the spreadsheets. QuickBooks Software also allows you to void a check in QuickBooks Desktop software.
Not only the functions there are also other tools like QuickBooks Tool Hub and QuickBooks File Doctor, which helps you to get rid of the issues and errors that occur while you’re working on the software.
In this article, you will get to know more about how can you void a check in QuickBooks Online, Desktop, in a closed period and 2018 version of the software. So please give this whole article a very careful read, especially the next few segments.
Firstly, you need to understand what is voiding a check in the QuickBooks accounting software to understand the whole thing correctly
What does it mean to void a check in QuickBooks accounting software?
A voided check merely means that you want to cancel the actual transaction. Once you void a check, the record of the check remains in your QuickBooks Online account, however the check substantial filled amount changes to zero.
The check number, payee, date, and memorandum field will also be kept additionally in your records so that you’ll be able to reference the voided dealing or transaction later.
How to void a check in QuickBooks Online?
To void a check in QuickBooks online, there are two ways that you are going to go and void a check out of it.
- Void a check from the Check page: You can go to the check page and void a check from there, which will allow you to see and verify the details of the first legit transaction.
- Please Go to the given ‘Expenses’ tab.
- Now on the Expenses tab, choose the option ‘Filter’.
- Now go to the type field and in the ‘Type’ field, choose ‘Check’ option.
- Tap on the date range in which the check was already received and then again tap on ‘Apply’.
- Then choose the check that you want to void from the given ‘Expense Transactions list’ to open it in the given Check window.
- After that, tap on ‘More’ and tap on ‘Void’ from the menu that just popped-up.
- After that, give your consent to confirm that you want to void that particular check.
- Void a check without opening the transaction: You can void a check without opening the transaction, from the given list of ‘Expense Transactions’.
- Please Go to the given ‘Expenses’ tab.
- Now in that ‘Expense Transactions’ list, and search that particular check to void it.
- After that choose Void from the View/Edit drop-down, from the given menu Action column.
- Tap on yes to give your consent to void the check, when prompted.
If you want to void a check in QuickBooks Online, these are a few steps that you need to take now moving on to the next segment. The next part is about how can you void a check in QuickBooks Desktop please read it carefully.
How to void a check in QuickBooks Desktop?
To void a check in QuickBooks Desktop, you just need to follow the simple steps given below:
- Tap on the ‘Accounting’ option, which is there on the left menu.
- Now choose the ‘Chart of Accounts’ option, which is on the top.
- After that, select the bank account of the check that you need to void was recorded earlier and then select the option ‘View Register’.
- Now search for the check that you want to void and select that to ‘highlight’.
- After that, tap on Edit.
- Tap on ‘More’ and choose ‘Void’, which is there at the bottom center.
- Now give you consent to confirm the void by tapping on yes.
These are the few steps that can help you to void a check in QuickBooks Desktop software.
How to void a check in QuickBooks Desktop in a closed period?
To void a check in a closed period in QuickBooks Desktop software yo just need to follow the steps as follows:
- Find the ‘Banking’ menu and then tap on Make Deposits.
- Give your consent by clicking on OK which is there on the Payments to Deposit tab.
- Select the particular bank account where you want to deposit the money.
- Now please enter the ‘Date’.
- After that in the ‘Received From’ drop-down, Tap on the ‘Vendor’ option.
- Choose the ‘Other Current Liability’ which is under the Account section.
- Now fill in the details such as the check number and the amount.
- Lastly, save it by tapping on OK.
Following all these steps given above will help you voiding the check in a closed period in QuickBooks Desktop software.
To conclude, QuickBooks is a desktop software that will help you with almost all the aspects when it comes to accounting. The software enables you to save a lot of time and money at the same time.
QuickBooks Desktop software allows you to do things which other software in the market doesn’t, from writing off the bad debts to reconciling or unreconciling for that matter and voiding check which is one of the primary features of this software.
The whole idea of this article is to make you more educated about how can you void a check in different versions of QuickBooks software. Hope that you find this article worth your time.