QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that different bookkeepers, accountants, and organizations have widely regarded and has always been in demand since its launch. The QuickBooks Desktop software almost covers all the aspects of managing the books and accounts. QuickBooks Desktop software keeps track of bills, manages expenditures, and generates accurate reports. Never forget to file your taxes on time and import all of your data from spreadsheets. The check number, payee, date, and memorandum field will all be saved in your records so that you may go back to the canceled transaction or trade later.
The software’s problem is prone to errors and issues, but you can always fix all these problems using different tools such as QuickBooks Tool Hub and QuickBooks File Doctor. Also, you can fix quickbooks void a check in quickbooks desktop issues by using some of the manual solutions.
In this blog, you will get to know more about the void a check in quickbooks in a closed period so, please read the whole blog very carefully to understand how to handle the entire thing.
When using QuickBooks to pay invoices, buyers, and associates, it’s easy to make errors like writing the wrong amount on a check or sending a statement to the wrong individual. In such situations, you’ll use QuickBooks to invalidate a review before completing the transactions.
The quickbooks void a check in quickbooks after reconciliation is kept in the software’s written record, but the check amount is changed to zero. The number, receiver, and date of the check remain on the written form as a record of the canceled transactions.
To void a check which already has been recorded, you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- To use the register, go to “Banking” and then “Use Register.” Select the account from which the cheque was made.
- To invalidate a check, select it by clicking on the check number or entry.
- Select “Edit” and then “Void Check.” When presented with a message asking whether you want to invalidate the check for this amount, choose “Yes.” This will alter the check’s value to zero and update your company’s journal with the date you’re attempting to void it on. Alternatively, if you just want to invalidate the check using the date it was written on, choose “No.” This does not alter your company’s log, but it does display the check as invalidated.
- To confirm the void, click “Record.”
These are the steps that will help you void a check in quickbooks enterprise. Now that you know how to void a check, you must learn how to void a check which has been previously entered, and to know more of that, read our next section.
To void a check which was entered previously, you simply need to follow the steps that are given below:
- You need to tap on the ‘New’ option given on the Dashboard and tap on Check, provided under Vendors.
- You need to create a standard regular check and fill in all the credentials such as Payee Name, Date, Check Number, Bank Account, and then you need to enter the amount to $0, and you need to note it down in the description box as a voided check.
- You can save it down by tapping on the ‘Save and Close’ option.
Please note that after following these details, you can now check the register and see the check that will show you a $0 void. There can be a possibility that the vendor or customer required to setup the electronic payments can follow the same process to void the check even.
These are the steps that will help you voiding a check in quickbooks from prior year which was previously entered.
When you try to find a check that needs to be voided from an accounting period already passed, you need to follow a different kind of process that keeps your records up to date. If these changes need to be done in the previous months, then it’s a different story, but you can do it as already in the earlier sections. To void a check from a prior accounting period, you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- You need to create a deposit to offset the check which you need to void.
- Tap on the option that says New which has been given in the dashboard, and then you need to tap on the Bank Deposit option, which has been issued under the Other section.
- You need to fill in the banking credentials and make it simpler to locate this adjustment entry, start from 1/1 or end at 12/31 of the current accounting year.
- Go to the ‘received from’ you need to tap on the client’s name to write on the check.
- You need to make sure that you are using the same account you are trying to void a check.
- Now in the description, you can enter “Entry to void check #(check number) from the prior period.” and you can leave the rest of the fields blank.
- At last, you need to enter the check amount and then tap on the save option.
After following all these steps, you can mark both the check as original and deposit the check you just created as a reconcile.
Following all these steps will help you voiding a check in quickbooks from prior year. Now that you know how to void a check from a prior accounting period, you must read the next paragraph, which will enlighten you about how you can void a check in QuickBooks Desktop Pro.
You can easily void a check in QuickBooks Desktop Pro that have been created before by you, and to void a check, you need to follow the instructions that are as follows:
- To void a check in QuickBooks Desktop Pro, go to the “Write Checks” box and select the check you want to void.
- Then, choose “Edit Void Check” from the Menu Bar to cancel the check shown in the “Write Checks” box.
- Click either the “Save” button in the “Main” tab of the Ribbon at the top of the “Write Checks” window or the “Save & Close” button at the bottom of the window to save the modifications to the check.
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro may then display a dialogue box informing you of your options for voiding the check. The inquiry it poses is determined by the kind of check and the transactions associated with it.
- To complete voiding the check, carefully read and then correctly answer the question given by QuickBooks in this message box.
These are the steps that you need to follow to voiding an unused check in QuickBooks.
Now that you know all these methods related to voiding a check in the different versions of QuickBooks Desktop software, you must learn how to reprint a check in QuickBooks Desktop software, detailed in our next section, so please read the whole blog carefully.
QuickBooks Desktop software comes along with the printing check feature, and this feature will help you reprint a paycheck. To reprint a paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop software, you need to follow one of the two options and the instructions that are given below:
- You need to tap on the Lists option, which is given at the top of the Menu bar.
- Now you need to tap on the Chart of Accountants.
- After that, you need to double click on the checking account you want to use for the payroll.
- If you want to print it, you can double click on the check and tap on the Print icon given at the top of the window.
- After performing all the steps, you finally need to tap on Save and then on Close.
- You need to open the Employees menu and then see the Edit/Void Paychecks option. Click on that.
- Now you need to enter the date in the show paychecks option through the boxes.
- Now look for the employee’s name to see the paycheck.
- Assign the check number and then go to the print icon given on the top of the window.
- Now, at last, you need to tap on Ok.
If in case you are still not able to fix it through any of these methods. In that case, you can always place a call on the QuickBooks Desktop Error Support and the QuickBooks Technician, who will help you fix any kind of errors and issues related to the QuickBooks Desktop software.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that will help you manage a particular organization’s book and accounts. Still, the software’s only problem is that it is prone to different errors and issues.