Errors can emerge while operating different software programs. While these indicate a certain issue with the entries or commands entered by you, you can easily resolve them if you know the cause for them and the process of resolving them. While using QuickBooks, One of the most common errors that can pop up is the error code: -81624. This error code is associated with failure regarding payment authorizations and payment processes. While this can be a major error in the process of conducting tasks, you can easily resolve such issues with the help of the guidelines and solutions provided here.
What is QuickBooks Error 81624
The QuickBooks error code: -81624 primarily indicates a failure to authorize or complete a payment process. While the cause for such failure of tasks can differ, the root result remains that it leads to failure in conducting any payments. Since this can be disruptive to your business, it is crucial to know and understand why the error occurs and how to resolve it. This can help you stay prepared for any future instances of the same error occurring and also help you identify the cause for the error occurring in that instance. Accordingly, you can implement strategies and measures to prevent the error from occurring again and ensure successful payments for all actions and transactions in the future.
Root cause of QuickBooks error 81624
The root cause for the error code: -81624 can be multiple, ranging from an invalid address and the financial institution not matching with the details entered to the lack of an updated credit card. Due to the immense variety of the factors leading to the error, it can be stated that the methods of resolving those issues can be varied as well. The causes of the error message can range from the address being entered erroneously, the payment process not matching the financial institution supporting the process as well as the inability to update the credit card used to conduct the payment.
These errors are something that can be resolved easily and do not need any technical processes or specifications to complete effectively. However, before moving on to the solutions, it is crucial to understand the root cause of the error message. Some root causes can be:
- Invalid address
Entering the invalid address while making the payment can be considered one of the basic mistakes that businesses can enter that leads to the error message with error code: -81624. This can be due to the legal address of the business being entered erroneously. This includes the ZIP Code and every specification of the address to be entered correctly. In the event that the updated address is not inserted into the database, this is an error message that you are bound to see during any transaction. This is due to the fact that the billing address needs to be accurate for the transaction to be conducted and completed properly.
- Not matching with the financial institution
The facility of making payments and tracking invoices with QuickBooks is only possible if the account has been successfully and properly linked with the banking institution, another variation of error code: -81624. In the event that you have not linked it properly, error messages regarding the need to verify your bank can possibly occur. Furthermore, error messages regarding the account not being available within the program or the transactions of the system not matching those recorded within the bank’s records can also occur while using the program. Thus, it is crucial for businesses to keep their banking systems and accounts updated at all times in order to ensure that all transactions are completed successfully at each instance.
- Unable to update credit card
Updating your credit card is one of the ways in which you can ensure that all transactions are completed successfully at all times while using the program. However, this is a critical form of error code: -81624 since it can lead to the suspension of your subscription to QuickBooks. Regardless of whether you have forgotten to update the information on time or whether your attempts to do so within time have failed due to an error within the system, this error can stall your progress and operations. If you are facing issues with updating the information of your credit card, it may occur due to problems regarding authorizations or crucial information that is missing. Thus, it is crucial to ensure that not only are you entering the correct information but that you are filling all the fields properly.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 81624
The solution to resolve the many forms of error code: -81624 depends on the root cause of the error. As explained above, the error message may have come into the screen as a result of one of the 3 root causes. Since the solution for all 3 would be different as well, you can follow the following steps for each root cause:
- Solution for “Invalid address”
If the error code: -81624 is regarding an invalid address, then follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Gear icon for settings and click on it.
- Step 2: Choose “Account and Settings” from the options.
- Step 3: Go to the “Billing and Subscription” tab.
- Step 4: Under the option of “Payment method,” click on “Edit.”
- Step 5: Edit the address and verify that it accurately matches the address on your credit card statement.
- Step 6: Click on “Save Changes” to change your billing address successfully.
However, it is crucial to note that the address can only be changed by the <aster Administrator or the Company Administrator.
- Solution for “Not matching with the financial institution”
In the event that you find your transactions on the program do not match those recorded within the bank, then the first requirement would be to import your bank transactions into QuickBooks. After this, the status of the transaction as earlier recorded within the program needs to be changed to match the imported transaction record. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Download a CSV file of your banking transactions.
- Step 2: In QuickBooks, go to the “Banking” tab and open the option of “File Upload” and click on “Next.”
- Step 3: Select the relevant bank account you want to import the transactions for from the drop-down on QuickBooks Account and click on “Next.”
- Step 4: Map statement fields as per file format.
- Step 5: Check and match the date format as per the CSV file imported.
- Step 6: Follow the given instructions and select “Yes.”
- Step 7: Go to the Gear icon for settings and click on it.
- Step 8: Choose “Chart of Accounts” from the options.
- Step 9: Locate the account relevant to the transaction:
- Step 10: From the “Action” tab, choose either “View Register” or “Account History.”
- Step 11: Go the the “Status” column and click the box containing the letter “C.”
- Step 12: Click on “Save” to clear the initial status of the transaction and match it with that of the financial institution.
- Solution for “Unable to update credit card”
The inability to update your credit card information can lead to many issues while making use of the system. So, to resolve the issue, here’s what to do:
- Step 1: Go to the Gear icon for setting and click on “Accounts and Settings.”
- Step 2: Choose the “Billing & Subscription” tab.
- Step 3: Under the “Subscription status” tab, choose the “Subscribe Now” button on the right.
- Step 4: Update your credit card details correctly.
- Step 5: Click on “Subscribe” to renew your subscription and remove the error message.
What to do if the error persists
The provided solutions should be sufficient in resolving your issues regarding the system. However, if the problems persist and you can still see error code: -81624, then you can contact us directly to gain further assistance on such matters and resolve such issues. To contact us, either call us on “+1-800-662-8617” or you can write to us on “email@example.com.” Our round-the-clock support team will help you resolve any issues you face while using QuickBooks. You can also choose to get a call-back if you choose to contact through the contact number. So, even if the solutions do not provide you with any assistance or respite, then we are on standby to always help you out.
Facing such issues while using QuickBooks can disrupt the flow of your tasks and make you feel at a loss when it comes to dealing with payments and transactions. However, while the error code: -81624 can be confusing to deal with, the many solutions can help you deal with them properly to bring your operations back on track in minimal time. With these solutions, you can easily gain greater efficiency in the way you use the program and carry out transactions. So, now that you know how to resolve the error code, you can go ahead and continue managing your business efficiently with QuickBooks.