Intuit created and marketed QuickBooks, an accounting software programme. QuickBooks products are primarily aimed at small and midsize enterprises. They include on-premises and cloud-based accounting software that accepts company payments, manages and pays invoices, and handles employment.
Remote access capabilities, remote payroll assistance and outsourcing, electronic payment functions, online banking and reconciliation, mapping features through integration with Google Maps, marketing options through Google, and improved e-mail user experience through Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express have all been integrated into QuickBooks by Intuit. Importing from Excel files, extra employee time tracking options, pre-authorization of bank transfers, and new assistance tools have all been enabled to the 2008 version. QuickBooks Desktop is only accessible as a rental/subscription for users in the United Kingdom and Ireland. At the same time, the Mac (macOS) version is only available in the United States of America.
This month, an update from the Indian Express that according to sources familiar with the situation, Intuit Inc., the creator of TurboTax and QuickBooks software, is in discussions to purchase email marketing startup Mailchimp for more than $10 billion. Mailchimp was said to be considering a sale by Bloomberg earlier this month. According to sources familiar with the situation, the business has also explored selling a 30 % stake. Both private equity groups and big IT businesses, such as Intuit, have expressed interest in it. According to one of the sources, Mailchimp earned around $300 million in profits before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortisation in 2020.
Steps to connect with Support
QuickBooks Online is popular cloud-based accounting software for businesses of all sizes. QB Online offers a variety of services, which include accounting, billing, payroll and invoicing. Because the data is stored in the cloud, it is accessible from anywhere. There are several ways to cancel QuickBooks Online subscriptions. For example, somebody might be downsizing their firm and thus no longer require QuickBooks Online accounting software services, or they may have discovered another accounting software that appears to be more suited to their current requirements.
Individuals must go into QuickBooks as an administrator to cancel their QuickBooks Online subscription. It is also critical that they sign in using a web browser; otherwise, the operation would not be executed properly. Before the cancellation of a QuickBooks Online subscription, there are a few things to consider. Firstly, users have to be logged in as the Company Administrator or Master Administrator in their QuickBooks company. It is recommended to cancel the QuickBooks Online subscription for users who are not from the United States. Secondly, suppose one bought the subscription via a mobile app store like iTunes/Apple Apps or Google PlayStore. In that case, they are required to cancel or Unsubscribe Quickbooks Online subscription section in the respective app store from where the subscription was purchased.
In case the users bought the subscription from their accountant, they must contact them to cancel it. If the account is being suspended, the user should re-subscribe before they may cancel. One should clear or finalise every e-payments and cash payment before cancellation if they have a Payroll Subscription. In case the user does not wish to cancel the subscription, they can upgrade or downgrade their subscription plan to suit their requirements.
If the user uses the US edition of QuickBooks Online, they could downgrade to a lower subscription plan.
There are just a few simple steps, following which one could downgrade or upgrade their subscription plan. They are as follows:
- The Gear icon should be selected first.
- Then choose Account and Settings.
- From the left-hand menu, choose Billing & Subscription.
- Upgrades can be found under the QuickBooks section.
- Upgrade options, as well as features and cost, are provided to consumers. Thus, they should choose Upgrade for the product they wish to upgrade.
- Payment details should be entered if necessary.
- Select Confirm Upgrade after confirming the upgrade and billing.
- If the upgrade option does not appear, that is because the user is currently using the most advanced service, QuickBooks Online Plus.
To cancel the QuickBooks Online subscription, one must follow the instructions stated below:
- The first step is to select the ‘Gear’ symbol in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then choose the ‘Account and Settings’ option from the first column.
- From the left navigation panel of the next window, select ‘Billing and Subscription.’
- Then, in the ‘Subscription Status’ section, select ‘Cancel.’
- Then the user would be asked if they would like to cancel the plan or contact customer service in the next step, where they should click on the ‘Continue to cancel’ button.
- Other services, such as QuickBooks Online Payroll, could be cancelled by selecting ‘Continue to cancel.’
- Lastly, ‘Submit and cancel subscription’ after filling out some other details.
Intuit’s QuickBooks would send a confirmation email to the administrator’s email address once the process has been completed successfully. If the account has been suspended, one must first resubscribe to cancel it, or else QuickBooks would automatically cancel the subscription after three unsuccessful attempts to recoup the money. Even after unsubscribing from a QBO account, users could still manage and edit the data for 14 days, after which their data would be available in read-only mode for one year. Before cancelling QuickBooks Self-Employed, it is advised that users must export or print their data to update billing and subscription details.
Through the Apple app store: In order to access the app store, the following steps need to be followed first :
- Start the App Store app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Find the software you want to download by browsing or searching. If a game mentions “Apple Arcade,” you may play it by subscribing to Apple Arcade.
- The price or Get button can be tapped or clicked. You previously paid or downloaded the software if you see the “Open” button instead of a fee or a Get button.
Integration with iOS
- Mileage tracker operates without consuming your phone’s battery since it utilises your phone’s GPS.
- You can track invoices sent (in many currencies) using the invoice generator, so you always know who owes you money and who has paid you.
- The Cash Flow business dashboard allows you to keep track of all of your company’s finances in one location.
- View your financial statement to show how much money you’re generating and how much money you’re investing, as well as your financial information. Organise your monthly outgoings into categories to make them easier to track.
- Photograph your receipts and link them to your expenses for optimum tax savings. Connect your bank accounts to get a better look at your income statement to understand where you’re making and spending money. Examine your bank statements and enter them into your accounting records
- In just a few minutes, you can personalise all of your sales invoices and receipts with your brand and fields. Giving your accountant access to your account can help you be better prepared for tax season and ensure that you obtain the appropriate tax deductions.
All users with iOS versions 8.x and higher can now download QuickBooks mobile version 4.4. like iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. If anyone uses an iOS version older than 8.0, they will need to update their smartphone to the most recent version of iOS to use QuickBooks mobile 4.4 or later.
Cancelling the subscription
- Locate the Settings option on your iPhone or iPad by opening the device.
- To go to iTunes & App Store, you’ll have to scroll down.
- Continue by verifying your Apple ID.
- Type the password.
- Select Manage from the drop-down menu and then Subscription.
- QuickBooks Online is the best option.
- After that, click the cancel button.
- Find a swipe button to disable the Automatic Renewal feature.
Through the Google Play store
Google Play, previously known as Android Market and recognised as the Google Play Store, is a digital distribution service run by Google. Google Play Store offers a variety of paid as well as free applications. The apps could be installed directly on an Android smartphone using the Play Store mobile app or the Google Play website to install the app to a device.
It is not uncommon to come across people who have various subscription services. With all of the music, gaming, movies, and TV streaming content available, not to forget food and health applications, it is nearly hard to avoid signing up for a monthly premium service. Order to keep track of all of those subscriptions might be complicated. However, Android’s Google Play Store made it manageable by allowing users to access them all from within the application. One could cancel a subscription directly from the Google Play Store app without logging in to the application itself. When a user cancels a subscription from the Google Play Store, they can continue to enjoy the facility of the subscription until the period for which they had paid already expires. As soon as the access passes, the users would either be unable to enjoy the premium facility or service or be forced to switch to that particular application’s free or non-premium version.
Suppose a user has downloaded Quickbooks from the Google Play store and would like to cancel the subscription. In that case, there are a few easy steps mentioned below that could be taken to cancel the subscription successfully through the Google Play Store:
- First, open or log in to the account on the Google Play Store.
- Then, select ‘Payments and Subscriptions’.
- Choose Subscription.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to manage my subscription.
- Select cancel to successfully cancel the subscription.
Several applications present on the Google Play Store cause issues while cancelling or unsubscribing, and QuickBooks is one of those apps that cause issues at several instances during the cancellation of its subscription. If users face any issue regarding the cancellation of the subscription, they must contact customer service to avoid any further difficulties.
This software can also be unsubscribed through google play as this software is also available for the android version. The process is you have to open the application, locate the managed subscription window and click on the unsubscribe button, after which the subscription will be cancelled. After you’ve completed terminating your membership using the app, choosing the best replacement for your company is the following process. If you find QuickBooks to be too expensive or need to switch between different features relevant to your business, it is advised that you upgrade or downgrade.