QuickBooks Error 15106
QuickBooks simplifies the task of managing the accounts for a particular organisation. The software is one of the most celebrated accounting software in most of the countries. But having said that the software has a lot of errors and issues that may annoy you and consume a lot of your time.
Talking about the errors and issues, QuickBooks Error 15106 has been reported a lot of late. QuickBooks Error 15106 is an error which is connected to the update of the QuickBooks Payroll. The error restricts the QuickBooks Payroll as well as the software to update to their recent versions.
This blog will educate you about the QuickBooks Error 15106, reasons behind the error’s occurrence, and the solutions to resolve it so please read it till the end so that if in need you can fix the issue and save yourself a lot of time.
What is QuickBooks error 15106
Like already mentioned, QuickBooks Error 15106 is a payroll update error that restricts you to update the software, but there are fixes for it. While you are working on the software, the error’s occurrence can be a little jarring, and that is where this blog will help you fix the issue.
To resolve the QuickBooks Error 15106, you must read about the reasons and root causes of the same which is what our next segment is all about, and you must read that carefully so that you can verify and fix the issue in no time.
Why QuickBooks error 15106 occur
If you know the root cause behind the error that you are facing it will be a lot easier for you to fix it cause then you can go to the exact problem because of which the error is occurring. The root causes that help the QuickBooks Error 15106 occur are as follows:
- The first reason that can be the primary cause behind the QuickBooks Error can be the windows defender, firewall, or anti-virus installed on your PC.
- You can also face this particular error because you are not being logged in or must have put the wrong login credentials, which is why you meet the QB Error 15106.
- Spy Sweeper can also be one of the reasons behind the QB Error 15106. Spy Sweeper is an integral part of the Anti-virus software, and its presence can lead to the error if you try to update your software.
These are the reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 15106, Now that you know the reasons behind the error, you must learn how to fix them and easily do if you read our next paragraph full of solutions to this error.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 15106
It is a known thing that the QB software is prone to errors and issues, and most of the errors can be fixed by using different tools that are available at the official website of QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub. But the QuickBooks Error 15106 is an error which occurs when you try to update the software or the payroll and to resolve that you can fix the issue by the solutions that are as follows:
Solution 1: Login as the administrator with correct Login Credentials: As mentioned above putting the wrong login credentials can also be one reason behind the error so you can rectify by login into the software as the admin with the correct login credentials. To do, you need to simply tap on to the QuickBooks Desktop software icon in your PC and then put the correct login details once logged in as admin the issue will be fixed automatically.
Solution 2: Clean install QuickBooks in selective startup mode: If the first solution doesn’t work, you can always opt for this particular solution. To clean install the QuickBooks in selective startup mode, you need to follow the steps which are as follows:
- Please ensure that you have a backup of the critical company file before performing this solution to not lose on any data.
- Also, keep the QuickBooks product and license info handy before doing the clean installation.
- Now you need to start the PC in the startup mode and make sure that no other application or software is running in the background.
- After that, you can uninstall the QB software and then install it again on your PC.
- You need to end the startup mode now and then check if the issue is fixed.
These are the steps that help you perform a clean install of the QB Desktop software. If the issue persists, then follow the next segment to give it another try.
Solution 3: Turning off User Account Control: user account control can also be recognized as UAC. Turning off the UAC can also help you fix the error 15106 to turn it off you need to open your PC’s control panel. And then tap on to the User Accounts option, and there you will see the Change User Account Contol Setting option. Open the setting and then turn it off and restart the PC after turning the UAC. After the reboot, your issue will be fixed for sure.
Solution 4: Rename the selected folders and make changes in anti-virus: Stopping the anti-virus can also fix the error 15106 for you to do that please follow the given steps:
- Open the Task Manager by clicking the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC together and then opening the Processes window and looking for the .exe file of the antivirus installed on your installed. After finding the file tap on the End Process option and specific folders as QuickBooks Update Folder present in your QuickBooks Desktop Folder’s components folder, rename the particular folder.
Renaming the folder will help you resolve the issue you need to make sure that you need to reinstall the update and reboot the system afterwards and this will help you determine the problem for sure.
These are a few steps and solutions that can help you fix the issue for you. However, if the problem persists, you must consider hiring a QuickBook professional at QuickBooks Desktop Error Support.
The QB Desktop software has multiple issues and errors, but in this case, this error is related to the Payroll feature of the software that might restrict you to update the software. There are appropriate solutions in the blog to resolve the issue, so please read the whole thing carefully. I appreciate the time that you spend while reading this.
About the author
Spread the word about us. Share if you Like this article 👍.