Keeping all your data synced, especially when using QuickBooks through a local application and a cloud-based application is crucial for the most efficiency and functionality when using QuickBooks. For this purpose, the QuickBooks Sync Manager tool can be one of the most efficient tools. To keep all your files and documents synced as per the company requirements. However, issues in the Sync Manager Error can lead to major issues, often creating issues regarding accessing the QuickBooks program itself. Here, we discuss the issues regarding the Sync Manager in QuickBooks, the root cause for such issues, and how to fix them when such issues erupt.
What is QuickBooks Sync Manager?
The QuickBooks Sync Manager is a program that allows you to securely sync all the data in your QuickBooks company file with external applications. The program also allows you to sync all your data with internal add-ons and manage such add-on applications. The program makes it highly efficient to use the QuickBooks application, enabling you to sync data stored in your QuickBooks Desktop program and the cloud server. This reduces your work time immensely since you do not have to manually sync any data, elevating efficiency and making your operations go smoother.
Where is the Sync Manager in QuickBooks?
The Sync Manager program is something that enables the sync actions to take place automatically, so you don’t need to access the program every time you want to access your data. However, setting it up is a one-time process, and you can follow the below steps to set it up the first time you use it:
- Step 1: Go to QuickBooks and choose the company file you wish to sync.
- Step 2: Go to ‘Online Services’ and then click on ‘Set Up Intuit Sync Manager.’
- Step 3: Sign in to the login form on the screen with your credentials.
- Step 4: If needed, select the most applicable business profile to assist in the sync process.
- Step 5: Select ‘Start Sync Now’ to initiate the process.
Why does QuickBooks sync manager have issues?
The reason for you facing issues with your QuickBooks Sync Manager can be multiple, which can be associated with multiple existing error codes in QuickBooks. So, first and foremost when you face any issue, you must diagnose the reason. Some of the causes include the following error codes:
- QuickBooks Error 5_13944: This QuickBooks error is caused when you try to transfer the data to or from your company file. The sync error occurs when the system firewall settings act as a hindrance to the transfer process, preventing your entry into the main server. Subsequently, this can potentially be due to the trust certificate having become invalid, leading to the firewall regarding it as an unsafe and harmful process.
- QuickBooks Error 17_7118: This QuickBooks error is caused most probably when your QuickBooks application is not up to date, leading to outdated definitions and applications. The system being outdated also implies that the server where the cloud-based data is stored and your local application have different configurations, leading to errors in transferring the same. As a result, the inability to keep up with system update requirements can also be stated to be a reason for facing QuickBooks Sync Manager Error.
- QuickBooks Sync Manager Error: The error can be due to the Sync Manager program getting corrupted or damaged, rather than other reasons that ultimately lead to failure to sync. In terms of the Sync Manager program itself, the error can be caused due to missing or damaged files present in the Sync Manager program. These damaged or missing files can create gaps when the program attempts to sync the data, leading to the issue. Thus, it is crucial to ensure that your Sync Manager program is updated and does not have any damaged or missing files to ensure that your QuickBooks works well as a whole.
Related article: “Quickbooks Time Not Syncing With Quickbooks Desktop“
How do I fix QuickBooks Sync Manager errors?
The method of fixing and resolving the Sync Manager issues is by specifically tackling the different errors as mentioned above. Resolving these errors can help you to specifically tackle the factors causing the Sync Manager error. In this manner, the ways in which you can fix the issue have been mentioned below:
- Resolving QuickBooks Error 5_13944: This QuickBooks error code emerges as a result of an outdated security certificate. So, to resolve the issue, you can follow the steps explained below:
- Step 1: Access Sync Manager on your computer.
- Step 2: Go to the option of ‘Program Data’ and then remove the file named “SBConnect.crt”.
- Step 3: Then try to run the function of ‘Sync Manager Setup’ once again.
- Step 4: If the setup completes successfully, then reset your existing sync settings.
- Step 5: For this purpose, go to ‘Help,’ then go to ‘Manager Data Sync.’ In this option, click on ‘Intuit Sync Manager’ and then reset it.
- Step 6: If you are unable to sync your data after this process and cannot upload any data, then wait for a while and then retry the process.
- Resolving QuickBooks Error 17_7118: This error code lets you know that you are facing the issue due to your QuickBooks application being outdated. So, updating your application can help resolve the issue efficiently. To upgrade your QuickBooks manually, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Close the QuickBooks application and all related files. Then right-click on the program icon and choose ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Step 2: Go to ‘Help’ and then click on ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- Step 3: In the ‘Options’ menu, click on ‘Mark All’ and click ‘Save.’ Then go to ‘Update Now’ and make sure that the ‘Reset Update’ option is checked.
- Step 4: Then click on the ‘Updates’ button and close the program once the update is complete. Then reopen QuickBooks and then when the ‘Install Updates’ popup comes, click on ‘Yes.’
- Step 5: After the installation is complete, close QuickBooks, and restart your computer to implement the updates.
Resolving QuickBooks Error Sync Manager Error
Issues in your Sync Manager program can also be potentially held responsible for the error you face regarding syncing your data. So, if this is the cause for the error, then follow the below steps to fix it:
- Step 1: The issue can be resolved by renaming the program into a version that is compatible to deal with the issues.
- Step 2: To fix the issue, close the Intuit Sync Manager program.
- Step 3: Rename the program as “SyncManager.old”, where .OLD is the extension that will resolve the issue.
- Step 4: Then relaunch QuickBooks and then click on ‘Open Intuit Sync Manager.’ This will create a new Sync Manager folder for your company file.
- Step 5: Click on ‘Sync’ to start syncing all your company data.
How to download QuickBooks Sync Manager?
The process of downloading QuickBooks Sync Manager is extensive and requires you to uninstall the QuickBooks application first. So, follow the below steps to safely download QuickBooks Sync Manager:
- Step 1: Uninstall the QuickBooks program.
- Step 2: Rename the Intuit folder to save it in the C drive.
- Step 3: If you cannot rename the folder, then right-click on the Windows Taskbar and then go to ‘Task Manager.’
- Step 4: Go to the ‘Processes’ tab.
- Step 5: Choose the column heading that contains “Image Name” and then choose the alphabetical order that you wish the process to take place in.
- Step 6: In this column, you will be able to see entries like “QBDBMgrN.exe,” “QBDBMgr.exe,” “QBCFMonitorService.exe,” and “Qbw32.exe”.
- Step 7: Select these entries and then click on ‘End Process’ at the bottom right.
- Step 8: Click ‘Yes’ when a message warning you of any undesired results of the action pops up, and then install QuickBooks again to work alongside the Sync Manager program.
How do I uninstall Sync Manager in QuickBooks?
Uninstalling your Sync Manager can be a solution if it creates constant issues and hindrances for you while you operate the system. So, you can implement any of the following two solutions to remove the application from your computer:
- Solution 1:
- Step 1: Open QuickBooks.
- Step 2: In the ‘Menu Bar,’ click on ‘Edit.’
- Step 3: In the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, go to ‘Preferences.’
- Step 4: Then click on ‘Integrated Applications.’
- Step 5: After this, go to the ‘Company Preferences tab.’
- Step 6: In this tab, click on ‘Intuit Sync Manager’ and then select ‘Remove.’
- Solution 2:
- Step 1: Open QuickBooks.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Help’ menu.
- Step 3: From the drop-down menu, click on ‘Manage Data Sync.’
- Step 4: On the resulting page, click on ‘Clear Sync Settings.’
Syncing your data is crucial to keep all your data updated in your local system and your cloud server. However, if you are facing issues when syncing this data, there are multiple ways of resolving it, which have been explained in detail here. So, go through the many solutions and diagnose the cause for the error in your case, and then implement the respective solutions to resolve the error. Alternatively, you can also uninstall the entire Sync Manager program to get rid of the program causing the issue. However, if you wish to reinstall it later on to resume automatic syncing, you can also follow the directions to download it as provided here.