QuickBooks is a software that helps you manage the accounting of your company, which enables you to save time and a lot of money at the same time. The software is full of different functions and features that make managing the accounts so easy that you don’t need a specific accountant or bookkeeper. Like mentioned it is so easy to work on QuickBooks Desktop software the software allows you to transfer your data from the QuickBooks Desktop version to QuickBooks Online. Moving from one version to another can be a tough challenge for other Softwares, but when it comes to QuickBooks, it is just another thing for this software.
In this post, you will get to know more about how can you export data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online without any hassle, so please read the whole post very carefully to export data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online yourself manually.
Exporting Data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
Before exporting data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online, you need to make sure of these pointers as follows:
- Please make sure that the Company File of the QuickBooks Desktop software that you are trying to transfer is 60 days old.
- Instead of transferring your Company Files, you can share your company excel lists to the QuickBooks Online.
- There might be a possibility that all the lists and files are not read by the QuickBooks Online that is because of the difference in the features.
These are the few things that you should take care of before transferring your QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
Exporting data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online you just need to follow the simple means as follows:
- Get your QuickBooks Desktop Company File ready:
- For exporting data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online, you should make sure that your QuickBooks Desktop is updated to its latest version.
- Please check the size of the Company Files of your QuickBooks Desktop that if the size is transferable.
- Import your desktop file to QuickBooks Online:
- The company file that you must import to QuickBooks Online sign in as an admin in your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now go to the ‘Company’ option and then after that tap on ‘Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.’
- Tap on ‘Start your Expert.’
- Now sign in as the admin in your QuickBooks Online software in which you want to transfer from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now you must track the inventory of your QuickBooks Desktop you can select out of the two options:
- Tap on Yes if you want to transfer from the QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
- No, if you want to start as fresh in your new QuickBooks Online.
- After that tap on the dropdown which says ‘Choose Online Company’ and then select the QuickBooks company that you want to replace it with, in your QuickBooks Online.
- Then give consent agreeing in the text field and then again tap on replace.
These are the steps that you need to take to import your company file from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
- Make sure that your books match: You can verify that if your transfer is successfully done by opening one of the reports that you have imported from the QuickBooks Desktop.
If you follow these steps carefully, you can quickly transfer the data from your QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
After moving it successfully, you should set it up by completing a few steps like connecting your banking details with the QuickBooks Online, create and send invoices to your clients that you work with, etc., things that you must have done while setting up your QuickBooks Desktop.
In conclusion, QuickBooks is a software that allows you to do things that any other software doesn’t allow you to, such as exporting data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
The whole agenda of this post is to educate you about what you need to do while exporting data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. Hope you find this particular post informative and helpful.