QuickBooks Desktop software helps you to manage the accounting and finances of any organisation. The QB software is so good and allows you to do several things that other accounting software are not even in the race. The disadvantage that the software has is that it is prone to different errors and issues QuickBooks Error 6150 is one such error that may annoy you a bit cause of late it has been reported repeatedly.
What is QuickBooks Error 6150
Some multiple errors and issues are a known fact, and the error we are going to discuss in this blog is QuickBooks Error 6150. The QuickBooks Error 6150 mainly occurs when you try to create a new Company File in your software.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6150
Symptoms mean the signs that may help you identify the particular error or issue. The symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6150 are as follows:
- The PC will start slowing down and respond 2 or 3 seconds late to the command given by you through your mouse and keyboard.
- If you are not able to open the Company File and instead you get this error message.
These are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6150, now that you know the signs you must read about the root causes of the same which is what our next segment is all about so please give that a careful read.
The Root causes of QuickBooks Error 6150
Root causes mean the reasons behind the error that may help you when you are looking for a solution of the same. The root causes of QuickBooks Error 6150 are as follows:
- Damaged QuickBooks Desktop software installation can be one of the reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 6150.
- The Virus-infected Company files can also be one reason that may lead you to the QuickBooks Error 6150.
- QuickBooks Macintosh File can also be one of the reason behind the QuickBooks Error 6150.
- The extension which is wrongly typed can also be one of the reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 6150.
These are the root causes of QuickBooks Error 6150 that may help you identify the exact problem. Now that you know the root causes you can move on to the next segment, helping you solve the issue.
You Might like this : QuickBooks Error 6210
How to fix the QuickBooks Error 6150
Every error that occurs in the QuickBooks Desktop software can be fixed using multiple tools or manual solutions. Some of the answers for the QuickBooks Error 6150 are as follows:
Restoring Backup: Restoring from Backup can resolve the QuickBooks Error 6150. To do that, follow the given means:
- Open the QuickBooks desktop software and then Open the Restore Company.
- Then you need to tap on the Restore a Backup Copy option and then tap on Next.
- Now opt for the Local Back up and then tap on Next option.
- Select the location of the Company File backup,
- Choose the backup option with the .qbb extension. You will see a pop-up and then click on OK and Next after that.
- Write down the new name of the Company File and then save it in the .qbw format.
- Tap on yes and confirm the overwrite.
Restoring from the backup can help you fix the issue, but if the problem is not resolved by applying the steps and method given above, please move on to the next solution.
Reinstalling QuickBooks using the Clean Install Tool: Reinstall the QuickBooks using the clean install tool can also fix the QuickBooks Error 6150 for you. To do that, please follow the steps that are as follows:
- Click on the Start button on your desktop and then open the Control Panel and then tap on another option, which says Uninstall a Program.
- Now choose the QuickBooks software and then go to the Uninstall a Program.
- After that Download, the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and rerun it.
- You need to choose the version of the QuickBooks Desktop software and tap on Continue.
- Hit Ok and install the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Now open the QuickBooks Desktop software and check if the issue is resolved.
These are the two solutions that may help you fix the QuickBooks Error 6150. However, if in case you are still getting the error, you can fix it by giving a try with the QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub that are available at the official website of the Intuit.
If somehow the issue persists, you must consider hiring a QuickBooks Professional available on the QuickBooks Desktop Error Support.
To End With
QuickBooks Desktop software is useful accounting software. Still, the software’s backdrop is that it gets easily infected by various errors and issues, and QuickBooks Error 6150 is one of them. Almost every issue and error have a solution when it comes to the QuickBooks Desktop software. Similarly, QuickBooks Error 6150 can also be fixed by using the solutions that are detailed above and also the official tools that are available at the official site of the Intuit.