This blog will discuss a few easy methods to resolve many of the QuickBooks not printing check number problems that may arise in the QuickBooks desktop edition for Windows.
QuickBooks Desktop software comes out from Intuit’s house, one of the most well-known and well-respected accounting solutions for a wide variety of small and medium-sized companies. The software gets nearly one update every 2-3 months to get all the new features and matches with the federal guidelines that keep on changing.
It is evident to you that you can access QuickBooks Online remotely from any place. Also, without exerting any effort, you may provide print instructions directly from the tool. However, the user sometimes runs into problems with printing, so don’t be concerned.
Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 in QuickBooks
Quickbooks printer not showing up issues may be aggravating at times, and they can be tough to fix for users. Thousands of customers are looking for a solution to their quickbooks won’t print issues.
In this particular blog, you will get to know more about the Resolve Printer Not Activated Error Code -20 in QuickBooks, so please read the whole blog very carefully.
This will also explain how to check whether printing issues are present in the QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. It also includes root causes as well as fixing methods. So please read it very carefully, starting from the next segment.
Why quickbooks won’t print
Root causes help you understand the primary reason behind a particular issue, which can also help you fix a problem. The root causes of QuickBooks not printing bill payment Error Code -20 are as follows:
- different versions of QuickBooks are installed: Using a few different versions of QuickBooks in your machine. Please make sure that the computer you are using just has one version of QuickBooks installed.
- When you’re using an outdated piece of software: Using old QuickBooks Desktop software can be one of the primary reasons behind this issue. Updating your software to its latest version is highly recommended, and by performing that update, all these minor issues can be quickly resolved.
- The application key is no longer valid: An outdated key might also be one of the reasons behind this particular issue. All you need to do is put an updated key, and to do that, you can always talk to one of the QuickBooks Specialists to provide them with your credentials, and they will help you retrieve the updated vital that can help you fix that issue.
- Problems with the Windows Registry: Incorrect window registry can be one of the reasons behind this particular error. In that case, reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop software is highly recommended, and doing that will certainly help you fix this issue.
- No System Restore Point was created: Not restoring or not taking a backup can be one of the reasons behind the quickbooks desktop not printing checks correctly software.
How To Fix quickbooks printer not working
As you are now aware of the root causes of printer not working in quickbooks issue, you can now quickly fix these issues by using these simple methods that are as follows:
You need to reinstall QuickBooks
To fix this error, you can re-install the QuickBooks Desktop software. To do that, you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Get your QuickBooks product information together.
- Installer for your QuickBooks version may be found here.
- Make a note of your driver’s license number. If you purchased a digital version, it should be in the original package or the buy confirmation email.
- Make a note of the year and version of your product.
After these steps, you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Remove QuickBooks Desktop from your computer.
- If you’re having trouble uninstalling QuickBooks, it’s possible that something is wrong with your computer. For assistance, you should contact an IT expert or Microsoft.
- Now you need to Uninstall QuickBooks.
- Open the Start menu in Windows. Then launch Control Panel by searching for “Control Panel.”
- Uninstall a program or choose Programs and Features.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version you wish to remove from the list of applications.
- Uninstall/Change, then Remove are the options. Tap on next. If you don’t see this option, sign out of Windows and back in as an administrator (or a user with admin rights).
The Registry key can be manually edited or updated
Manually editing or updating the registry key can help you fix quickbooks not printing lines on invoice particular issue, and to do that, you simply need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Without having to remove and reload the program, you may modify the license number.
- Select Manage My License, then Change My License Number from the QuickBooks Help menu.
- Select Next, then Finish after entering the new license number.
- Manage My License from the QuickBooks menu, then Deauthorize This Computer.
- Select Deauthorize and Quit when the popup appears.
- Reopen QuickBooks and go through the registration steps again. It will allow you to choose a different license.
After following these steps, you may use the migrator tool to avoid having to re-enter the license number or product code in the new computer once you’ve completed the instructions below. In addition, the migrator program will move all of your data for you.
The Printer Spooler Service needs to be activated
Activating Printer Spooler Service can help you fix quickbooks reports not printing correctly issue. You may send numerous business documents to your printer using modern operating systems, such as Windows 7. The print-ready documents are saved on your hard drive, and the printer fetches and prints them one at a time. Printer spooling is the term for this.
Before you may print your business papers, you must first activate the printer spooling function. When you attempt to send a document to the printer and the print spooler is not functioning, you will get an error that reads, “The print spooler service is not operating.” To activate, you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Right-click “Computer” in the Windows “Start” menu and choose “Manage” from the context menu.
- To see all of the services, double-click “Services and Applications” and then “Services.”
- Access the Properties box for the “Print Spooler” service, scroll down and double-click it.
- To activate printer spooling on your computer, choose “Automatic” from the Startup Type drop-down box and click the “Start” button.
- Close the Properties window and the Computer Management window by clicking “OK.”
Making use of a QuickBooks Print repair tool
Using the QuickBooks Print repair tool can help you fix the quickbooks won’t print Error Code -20 and other issues related to the printer.
To run a scan from the same, you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Select Program Problems from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool from the drop-down menu. It will take approximately a minute to complete the task.
- Retry printing, emailing or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop.
Please note that the QuickBooks Print repair tool can be found in QuickBooks Tool Hub. The QuickBooks Tool Hub is available on the official website of Intuit. The tool is free of cost, and it is so easy to run a scan from the same and helps you fix all these issues and errors.
Give the user complete control
You may configure access for various user roles in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. Users will only be able to access the information they need to complete their tasks in QuickBooks in this manner. You may also ask users who don’t work with QuickBooks regularly, such as a Payroll Manager or Payroll Processor, to sign up for an Intuit account so they can utilise services like Payroll and QuickBooks Time.
You may add or invite people to a particular position if they work in QuickBooks regularly. An inventory role, for example, will have the ability to change inventory amounts on hand, examine item receipts, and run inventory reports. Here’s how to do it.
- Select Users and Roles from the Company menu, then Users.
- Select OK after entering the admin password.
- Click New from the User List tab.
- Enter a User Name and a Password, if desired.
- Select the user’s role from Available Roles, then Add.
- Click OK after entering the User’s email address.
- Select OK from the confirmation window.
A user’s Intuit account will be required for specific jobs. Accountant, External Accountant, Finance, Full Access, Payroll Manager, Payroll Processor, and View Only are just a few of the jobs available. The names of these roles will appear next to the role name. Request that the person check their email for the invitation. They must accept the invitation and then sign in using their Intuit ID.
Assign your default printer to your computer
Your printer will be configured to the last one you used at your present location by Windows. You may, however, disable this feature to manually set your printer to the desired setting that will not change every time you move. If you want, you can always re-enable the default option later for quickbooks not printing checks issues.
- Search for “Printers” by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard or clicking the Windows symbol in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- From the search results, choose “Printers and Scanners.”
- Uncheck the check box at the bottom of the screen that says, “Allow Windows to control my default printer.”
- From the list of printers and scanners, choose the one you wish to use as your default. Then select “Manage” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Set as default” on the new screen. Your default printer should now be this one.
- Recheck the “Allow Windows to Manage My Default Printer” option to re-enable the default printer settings.
If you have a laptop that often changes printers, this may be very useful. When you change the default printer manually, you may still change it on a case-by-case basis if you want to, anytime you print from an application.
Use Troubleshooter to find the problem
Instead of using fix-it tools, Windows 10 employs troubleshooters to assist you in resolving PC issues. To run a troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- To find troubleshooters, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, or use the Find troubleshooters shortcut at the bottom of this page.
- Choose the kind of troubleshooting you wish to do, then click Run Troubleshooter.
- Allow the troubleshooter to complete its work before responding to any queries that appear on the screen. You may attempt recovery methods or learn more about Outlook error codes and upgrade and installation problem codes if you get a notice indicating no modifications or updates are required.
Update your printer’s software
Most printers need you to install the most recent printer driver for them to function correctly. If you just updated from a prior version of Windows, your printer driver may perform well with the previous version but not with Windows 10. Your printer driver may also be destroyed if you’ve had power outages, computer infections, or other issues. These issues are often resolved by downloading and installing the most recent printer driver. There are many options for doing so.
These are the methods that will help you fix the QuickBooks pdf printer not activated error code 30. You can also talk to the QuickBooks Specialist that is available 24×7 on QuickBooks Desktop error support. You just need to place a call, and our specialist will help you fix any issue related to QuickBooks Desktop software.
To conclude, QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that different errors and issues have always surrounded. In this blog, you will learn more about the quickbooks email invoice printer not activated and some other important aspects related to the same. I hope that this blog proves to be a little helpful and was worth your time.
2 thoughts on “Quickbooks Won’t Print Invoices: Error Code 20”
Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. It is really good & very helpful. Find right Solutions for How To Download Lexmark Scan back Utility? & know more about scan setup and troubleshooting.
Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. It is really good & very helpful. Find right Solutions for How To Scan From Printer To Iphone? & know more about scan setup and troubleshooting.
Comments are closed.