QuickBooks is one of the most widely regarded accounting software it is almost like a mandatory accounting software in the US, UK, and Canada the software is so easy to use. QuickBooks Desktop software is excellent, but its problem is that it is prone to multiple errors and issues.
Though there are solutions and tools provided by Intuit, there are multiple ways that you can resolve these issues and errors. The tools that are available on the official website of Intuit are as follows:
Talking about the errors, QuickBooks Error 61 is reported quite a lot of late by so many users. This particular error invites other errors and issues that are available as follows:
- QuickBooks Error 6189
- QuickBooks Error 6190
- QuickBooks Error 3371
- QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 and H505
- QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
In this blog, you will get to know different aspects of QuickBooks Error 61, the root causes of it and the solutions of the same, so please read the whole blog carefully so that if needed you can fix the issue yourself manually.
What is QuickBooks Error 61
QuickBooks Error 61 mostly occurs while you try to update the QuickBooks Desktop software and it gets updated, and the Company Files gets damaged while updating it.
To better understand an error, you must learn about their root causes to fix the issue and know the exact solution. The next paragraph is all about the root causes of the QuickBooks Error 61, so please read the same carefully.
Root causes of QuickBooks Error 61
As already mentioned, root causes help you identify the error and the exact reason behind the same. The root causes of QuickBooks Error 61 are as follows:
- One of the main reasons is that the software gets updated and the Company Files gets damaged because of the update.
- Moving your .QBW file to another location that is out of the QuickBooks Desktop software’s reach.
- The .ND file can also be one of the reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 61.
- Deleting the framework of a window or a registry page of the same can also result in the QuickBooks Error 61.
- Malware and Virus can also be one of the causes behind the QuickBooks Error 61.
These are the main reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 61, Now that you know the root causes of the same you must know how can you fix the same that is what our next segment is all about.
How to fix the QuickBooks Error 61
fix the QuickBooks Error 61, you need to follow the solutions that are as follows:
Solution 1: Merge Your New Account: To do that, please follow the given steps which are as follows:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop software and open the Chart of Accounts section given right under the Menu bar.
- You can tap on the View option, and then you can tap on the given Re-sort list.
- After doing that, verify the Company File to move ahead.
- Check if the QuickBooks Error 61 persists then merging a new account with this particular one is highly recommended.
These are the steps that you need to take to resolve the QuickBooks Error 61, and please ensure that after performing all the steps you must restart the PC to fix the error, and if the problem persists, you can move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update Company File: Like already mentioned, the error can occur because you update the software. But when you try to open the Company File, which is not updated in updated software, it can be one reason behind the QuickBooks Error 61. To update the Company File, you need to follow the given steps that are as follows:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop software and then tap on the Open or Restore Company option and then tap on the Next on the pop-up.
- After that search for the data file in the bar and tap on option Open.
- Now you will see an option which says Update Now and follow the instructions.
These are the steps that will help you update your Company File and help you fix the issue. Also, please make sure that you create a copy of the backup so that if you face any problem, you have already backed up the transactions.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks Desktop software: Updating the QuickBooks Desktop software, can also help you fix the QuickBooks Error 61. To update the QuickBooks Desktop software, you can follow the steps as follows:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Go to the Help menu.
- You will see an option which says Update Now tap on that.
- Now restart the PC, and you will get a pop up which says Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap on Install and then give you consent by clicking on Yes.
By following the means given above, you can easily update the QuickBooks Desktop software to restart your software and the PC after the update gets installed on your software.
These are some solutions that you can try to resolve the issue. You can also fix the error by using the QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub if the problem persists. You must consider hiring a QuickBooks professional that is available at QuickBooks Desktop support.
To End With
It is an established thing that the software is prone to errors and issues, but all of these things can be taken care of by using different solutions, tools, and even updates to fix the various QuickBooks Errors.
This blog will help you fix the QuickBooks Error 61 and several other errors that come with this particular error not only that you will get to know the root causes of the same. Hope that this info adds up to your information bank and help you to fix this issue.
About the author
Spread the word about us. Share if you Like this article 👍.