QuickBooks is a software that is known for managing books and accounts of an organisation. All categories of businesses widely regard the software, be it small-large, or mid-sized. The software has handy features like reconciling and unreconciling the transactions, voiding a check, write off the bad debts, filing the taxes on time, etc. makes the software unmatchable.
There is a high possibility that you will end up buying the QuickBooks Desktop software to manage the accounting of your organisation and after that, you will have to activate the software, and that is the whole idea of this post.
In this post, you will get to know more about:
- How to activate the QuickBooks Desktop.
- How to activate the Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop.
- How to activate the Sales Tax in QuickBooks Desktop.
So please read the post very carefully to activate the software and start using it for the accounting and bookkeeping of your organisation and start enjoying the benefits of your favorite QuickBooks desktop software.
How to activate the QuickBooks Desktop?
When you buy the QuickBooks Desktop software, you need to install and activate the software in your PC to use the software for your organisation. To activate the QuickBooks Desktop, you need to follow the steps as follows:
- Please install the QuickBooks Desktop first and then open the software on your desktop.
- Then after that, you need to go on the ‘Help’ menu and look for the option ‘Activate the QuickBooks Desktop’ and tap on it.
- Now you need to follow the pop-ups and give consent to each one of them.
- A window will pop-up asking you for the credentials and the activation key that will be provided by the intuit at the time of the purchase of the software.
These are the steps that you need to follow to activate the QuickBooks Desktop software on your PC. Now that you know about how to activate the QuickBooks Desktop, you must know about how to activate the direct deposit in QuickBooks Desktop, which is what is our next segment.
How to activate Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop?
To activate the Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop, firstly you need to understand that what is Direct deposit in the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Direct Deposit is a part of QuickBooks Payroll services that helps you manage the salary of the employees and workers working in your organisation. To activate the Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop, you must follow the given means:
- Please complete the Documentation: To activate the direct deposit in QuickBooks Desktop you need to complete the documentation of the employees and workers working for you as per the government guidelines.
- You need to make sure that every employee should deposit their Direct deposit authorisation form and a voided cheque from their respective bank for your organisation’s record, which is mandatory as per the government.
- To get the Direct Deposit form online, you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Go to the taxes tab and then tap on the Payroll Tax.
- Now tap on the Employee Setup tab.
- You will reach the authorisation for the Direct Deposit, after that tap on the Bank Verification.
- Now choose the option view and then print it.
- Add your employee’s Direct Deposit: After completing the documentation, you must create the Paycheck of your employee according to the QuickBooks Desktop software version that you are running on your PC.
By following these two means given above, you can easily activate the direct deposit your QuickBooks Desktop software. Now that you know how to activate the direct deposit in QuickBooks Desktop software let’s move on to the next segment, which is about setting up the sales tax in the QuickBooks Desktop software.
How to activate the Sales Tax in QuickBooks Desktop software?
Like mentioned earlier, QuickBooks Desktop software also helps you to file the sales tax on time which allows you to save the penalty.
To activate the Sales Tax in QuickBooks Desktop software, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Open ‘Preferences’which is in the ‘Edit’ menu.
- You will see the ‘Sales Tax’ tab in that window. Select that and then tap on the ‘Company Preferences’ tab.
- Give your consent by tapping on the Yes on the sales activation pop-up Window.
- Now lastly you just need to mark the checkboxes to assign the tax code according to the customer and the supplier.
By following these steps, you can easily activate the Sales Tax in QuickBooks Desktop software.
In Conclusion, QuickBooks is a software that is vastly used by almost every small, mid-sized organisation in the U.S., U.K, and Canada. The software helps you to manage the books and accounts of your businesses.
The whole idea of this post is to make you aware of the activation of the software. The stanza consists of three different activations which are How to activate the QuickBooks Desktop, How to activate the Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop, and how to activate the Sales Tax in QuickBooks Desktop. Hope you find this post informative and be able to start the QuickBooks Desktop software.