When you launch QuickBooks desktop, a window with the words “Set up your Intuit Account” appears on the screen. When you intuit quickbooks activation support, you may log in to your Intuit account to link your existing account information.
QuickBooks desktop must be registered and activated each time it is installed on a PC. If you have several copies of the QB desktop, you must register or activate each one individually. QuickBooks will prompt you to activate it automatically; however, you may also do so manually.
How to activate quickbooks?
The intuit account login is used to access a variety of websites. After you’ve logged in, you may purchase and see products and services, as well as download and activate anything you’ve already purchased.
Things to be remember:
Check to see that the licence number and product code are the same
- Please refer to the purchase confirmation email we sent you if you purchased QuickBooks Desktop from our website.
- Find a large, colourful sticker on the CD envelope if you purchased QuickBooks at a store.
Today’s post will be beneficial if you’re looking for a method to register and quickbooks activation code generator.
Method for quickbooks activation code
- You need to open the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Now tap on the option which says ‘View License Agreement.’
- After that, you will see that Internet Explorer will open. You need to close it and then tap on ‘Yes’ to proceed.
- Now you will see that the QuickBooks Desktop software will open, and then you will see a prompt that says how the software has used the internet connection. You need to tap on OK to proceed.
- Then you will be directed to the Company Files list you have already installed in your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- You will see a prompt window that says ‘Begin Activation’. You need to tap on that.
- After this, you may see different steps that you need to approve of depending on the kind of variant you’ve taken. You’ll be asked for login credentials to sign up. You just need to provide the details.
- At last, you need just to finish the setup, and after that, you will again get a prompt that you are now registered with the QuickBooks Desktop software.
You can easily get quickbooks activation support phone number for better help.
Please note that if you see any issue while registering the QuickBooks Desktop software, you can always use this alternate method, and the alternate method is as follows:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop software, then tap on the Help menu, and you need to select About QuickBooks.
- You need to CTRL key with R and P simultaneously.
- See a prompt with a quickbooks activation support of the registration line of Intuit. You need to place a call on that number.
- Now you need to provide the validation code that has been provided in that call to complete the whole registration thing.
QuickBooks activation by phone
You can easily connect with Sales Contact Number Monday-Friday: 5 am – 6 pm PST and Saturday-Sunday: 7 am – 4 pm PST. Now quickbooks enterprise activation code available for you then you needs to enter it on software.
After this process complete you need to follow below steps for registration.
You may register for QuickBooks desktop 2021 or later versions by following the instructions below:
- To begin, launch QuickBooks and hit F2 on your keyboard.
- Then, on the right side of the license number, check the registration status in the product information box.
- If the status is activated, you don’t need to do anything.
- If it isn’t already turned on, proceed as follows:
- To close the product information window, click OK.
- Then, from the assistance menu, choose QuickBooks to activate. Instead, for QuickBooks 2015, choose Register QuickBooks.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and double-check your data. The activation procedure must then be carried out.
- You will get a thank you letter after the quickbooks activation process is completed.
If you’re using QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, you’ll need to register and activate it by going through the following steps:
- To begin, go to the menu and choose QuickBooks register.
- Next, choose Next, and then input the license and product numbers.
- The next step is to go to the website’s online registration area.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the procedure and register. If a register option is not accessible, the program has already been registered.
For older versions
The discontinued version could not be registered for the first time in earlier versions. Then you’ll need to re-register any retired items.
If you already registered an earlier version and are just reinstalling it, you may re-register it. The validation code may be acquired from the customer service representative.
Supported assistance for discontinued products, on the other hand, is no longer accessible.
QuickBooks activation not working Reasons
Here is following reasons for quickbooks won’t activate:
- Date & Time settings problems
- Due to running QuickBooks tasks
- MSXML may be creating issues
- .ecml files corrupt
- Install not completed
To fix the QuickBooks activation not working error, you simply need to follow the methods that are as follows:
QuickBooks activation help for Errors
Here is guide for quickbooks activation failed so you need to follow it.
Check your system’s date and time settings
To begin, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, from the “Windows Taskbar” icon’s right-click menu, choose “Change the time and date.”
- You may modify the date and time by clicking the “Date and Time” button.
- Then, before clicking the “OK” button, choose the “Apply” tab.
- Then, in QuickBooks, go to the “Help” tab, then Activate QuickBooks, and finally the “Activation” tab.
- Finally, enter the “Validation Code” and then press the “Next” button.
Close any QuickBooks tasks that are currently open
Quickbooks unable to activate then you need to close current open files.
To begin, hit the “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” buttons on your keyboard.
- Select “Processes” from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose “Image Name” to alphabetically order the processes.
- Following that, terminate any of the following processes:
- Any operations that begin with QB should be avoided.
- Close the “Task Manager” window.
- Finally, install QuickBooks on your computer.
Set the new ‘EntitlementDataStore.ECML file’ to its default value
When an encrypted file containing all of that information is destroyed, quickbooks direct deposit activation not working and show an error message.
When you install QuickBooks Desktop, you must give the license number and the product code to complete the installation process and verify your copy of QuickBooks.
In such cases, erasing or deleting the entitlement file and then re-entering the licensing and production data will assist in resolving the error.
To begin, close the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Check that no QuickBooks processes are still running on your PC.
- Press the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” buttons on the keyboard to access the “Task Manager” tab.
- Navigate to ‘Windows 10: To see the task manager, click “More Details.”
- After that, tap on the “Process” tab.
- Then, by clicking on the processor name header, arrange the processes alphabetically.
- Tap on the “Search” option and then the “End Job” button to find all instances of ‘QBW32.EXE.
- Open the ‘Entitlement Data folder’ for your operating system and QuickBooks version.
- To open the “Run” window, hit the “Windows + R” keys on the keyboard.
- Enter “C: ProgramData Intuit Entitlement Client v8 (or v6)” and then press the “Enter” key. (The folder location is the same for all QuickBooks desktops, including QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise versions.)
- Right-click the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml file” and choose “Delete.”
- To confirm that you wish to remove the file, click the ‘Yes’ button.
- Finally, open the company file and follow the on-screen directions to register the application.
All QuickBooks processes should be closed
QuickBooks is already up and running when you start it and it begins instantly. QuickBooks is visible as a process (QBW32.exe) in the Windows task manager running in the background.
By following the instructions below, you may deactivate the preference and reopen the application:
- Right-click the taskbar to launch Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab, then the Image Name tab.
- Select each QuickBooks process one by one, then click the End process button.
- After verifying that only QuickBooks processes have been killed, close the Task Manager.
- SmartVault should be uninstalled and removed from the system tray.
Copy the QB file to your desktop
Always try to copy QB files for quickbooks activation not working errors.
You do not have to start from scratch when it comes to your company files. You may begin by copying and pasting accounts, lists (customers, suppliers, goods, etc.), templates, and preferences from an existing company file.
To start, create a copy of an existing business file. After that, the file should be condensed to remove any transactions. This gives you a good starting point for your new company filing.
Remember that if you have payroll data for the current year, QuickBooks may be unable to remove all of your transactions. Find out more about the limitations of data condensing.
You may quickly create new company files from existing ones by using a feature in Enterprise or Accountant. Think of it as a way of generating business file templates.
- From the File menu, choose New Company from Existing Company File.
- Select Browse and go to the business file you want to copy.
- Select the file and then press the Open button.
- Name the duplicate business file.
- When you’re done, click the Create Company button.
QuickBooks moves your preferences, sales tax items, previously memorized reports, and chart of accounts to the new business file. However, it does not transfer bank or credit card accounts. It also does not duplicate sensitive data such as an Employer Identification Number (EIN) or payroll.
Step 1: Copy of an existing business file
Start QuickBooks Desktop and go to the company file you want to copy.
- F2 will bring up the Product Information window.
- Examine the File Information section. This shows the location of your company’s file on your computer.
- If you haven’t already, back up your company file using the methods outlined below.
- Using the backup, restore your company file.
- Rename the file after restoring it. This creates a unique copy of your original business file. Put the new file in a different folder.
- You should now have two different business files: the original and the restored backup.
Step 2: Delete the duplicated files
- The restored backup creates a new business file with the duplicate accounts, lists, templates, and preferences.
- Remove the transactions that QuickBooks also copied over to start again.
- Examine and open your new business file.
- Go to the File menu and choose Utilities. Then select Data Condense. Whether a window appears asking if you wish to delete budget data, select Yes.
- In the Condense Data box, choose All Transactions and then Next.
- Follow the on-screen directions to remove the repeated transactions.
Step 3: Double-check accounts
When you condensed the file, QuickBooks should have removed your transactions. To verify that all of your accounts are empty, run a Transaction List by Date report.
- From the Reports menu, choose Reports Center.
- In the Account & Taxes section, open a Transaction List by Date report.
- Adjust the report’s date range to start before the oldest transaction in the file you copied.
There should be no transactions on the list. If any exist, change and delete them.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Desktop software is accounting software that has always been loved by different bookkeepers and accountants worldwide.
You can now connect with quickbooks activation support phone number for better reach. They will understand your issues carefully and try to resolve them.
In this blog, you will get to know more about how you can activate QuickBooks Desktop software, so please read the whole blog carefully. I hope that this blog helped you and was worthy of your time.