QuickBooks Desktop software is an accounting program that has long been highly respected and popular among bookkeepers and accountants. Since its inception, the program has consistently ranked at the top, and regular upgrades have ensured that it remains relevant throughout the years. However, despite the constant updates, there are still faults and difficulties that may bother you from time to time, one of which is the quickbooks crashing Error.
It’s possible that dealing with this error will be highly aggravating. Read the full blog if you’ve ever had the quickbooks keeps crashing windows 10.
As a result of this error, a few off-screen windows appear in the backup and refuse to close when you try to complete them. This not only causes the QuickBooks application to crash but also risks any unsaved data. Many reasons may contribute to such an error, which will be detailed in this blog so please read the whole blog carefully.
This error might occur when installing the QuickBooks desktop version because the installer may delay for a few seconds or cease responding to user inputs. It’s not unusual for it to become stuck in the ABS PDF driver installation window. Several causes, which we shall cover later in this blog, might cause this error.
To fix any error, you must read and learn the reasons behind the occurrence of that particular error. It also helps you understand the exact problem, which can be very helpful while fixing the issue and saves time when you already know the problem. The following paragraph will help you understand the causes, so please read it carefully.
The root causes of the quickbooks keeps crashing when emailing invoices are as follows:
- The company file has been harmed: Damaged company files can be one of the primary reasons the quickbooks file crashing journal entry error. Company Files are the data that you have of different clients of your organisation. Any kind of damage in those files can lead you to this error.
- The software is being hampered by a virus or Trojan: It is a given that if you are using a computer and you remain online and use the internet frequently, any kind of virus or trojan attack is around the corner, and that might also slow down the speed of this particular software.
- The company name is rather lengthy: If in case there’s a company name that is very long or using inappropriate characters or signs, then this can also lead you to quickbooks 2014 crashing when i send an email invoice. Hence, please recheck all the company names or even the company file names, for that matter.
- The data file is too large: Please make sure that any software will need storage space in the Computer, and if in case any file is too big, then that is coming in the way of the QuickBooks Desktop software, which will result in after quickbooks 2017 enterprise did update, keeps crashing and unresponsive.
- The system is too old or too new: Please note that you need to have at least the system configuration, which is as follows:
Processor: 2.4 GHz minimum
RAM: 4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended
Disk space: 2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files).
Screen resolution: Display optimised for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors. Best optimised for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
- QuickBooks is blocked by the firewall programme Firewall blocking the QuickBooks Desktop software can also be one of the reasons, so please make sure that the firewall is not blocking any of the QuickBooks Desktop software’s permission.
These are some of the reasons behind the quickbooks database file manager keeps crashing errors. Now that you understand the primary reasons behind the error, you must read the solutions given in the next section of this blog.
To fix quickbooks crashing when attaching files you need to follow the different methods that are as follows:
QuickBooks Desktop should be updated
You can also upgrade QuickBooks to the most recent version to resolve the problem. An out-of-date software version frequently causes such issues. The following are the stages involved in this procedure:
- Go to the help menu to get started.
- Then select QuickBooks Update from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the update now page and select the reset update option to delete any previous update downloads.
- Then choose the Get Updates option, followed by Restart QuickBooks.
- Last but not least, double-check to verify if the problem has been fixed.
Updating the software is one mandatory thing that you should perform because doing that will make your software more secure and more relevant with time.
If you use smartphones and other gadgets, you know how these updates keep your software away from different bugs and issues. Updating any device which gets a software update is a must.
Creating a new Windows Administrator user
How to stop quickbooks from crashing when computer goes to sleep then You can create a local user account (an offline account). In most situations, though, having a Microsoft account for everyone who uses your computer is the best option.
Remember that selecting a password and keeping it safe are critical aspects of the account creation process. Because we don’t know your password, we won’t help you if you forget or lose it.
You can add security questions if you’re running Windows 10, version 1803 or later, as shown in step 4 under creating a local user account. You may reset your Windows 10 local account password using the answers to your security questions. Are you unsure which version you own? You should double-check your version.
- Make a user account for yourself on the local network.
- Select Family & other users from the Start menu, then Settings > Accounts.
- Add another user to this computer.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in credentials, and then Add a user without a Microsoft account on the following screen.
These are the steps that may help you create a new window admin user that may eventually help you fix the quickbooks 2021 keeps crashing. If in case the problem persists, you must move on to the following method.
QBUSER should be fixed. INI (Initialization File)
If your QBWUSER.ini file is damaged or missing, you may be able to fix the problem by renaming it. To rename the file, follow these steps:
- Open the following folder to find the QBWUSER.ini file: [Your user name] Users [year] AppDataLocalIntuitQuickBooks
- You may need to activate hidden files and folders if you can’t see the folder.
- Rename the QBWUSER.ini file by right-clicking it.
- .old should be added to the end of the file name (as in QBWUSER.ini.old).
- The EntitlementDataStore.ecml file should be renamed.
- QuickBooks Desktop should be reopened.
Please note that renaming the QBWUSER.INI file wipes out the list of previously opened business files. You’ll have to reopen your company file manually.
Following these steps will help you fix the QBUSER.INI File, and that will help you select the quickbooks keeps crashing windows 10 error, and if in case the problem persists, you must move on to the next solution.
Ensure that Email Preference is correct
The problem generally arises when the email settings in QuickBooks Desktop aren’t correctly setup. Either something was incorrectly typed, or the Internet Service Provider was switched. Here’s how to do it:
- Select Edit from the menu bar.
- Select Send Forms from the Preferences menu.
- Click Edit email under the My Preferences tab (Edit Email info window will pop up).
- Instead of OTHERS, choose Yahoo from the Email Provider drop-down option.
- Enter the proper server name in the Server Name box.
- Fill in the appropriate port number in the Port box.
- To save the changes, check the SSL/TLS check box and then click OK.
Examine and fix MAPI32.dll
Mapi32.dll problems are triggered by events that result in the mapi32 DLL file being removed or corrupted. Mapi32.dll issues can signal a registry issue, a virus or malware infestation, or even a hardware failure in rare circumstances. To test and repair, you can always look out for the steps that are as follows for quickbooks crashing at log in:
- Return mapi32.dll to its original location in the Recycle Bin. The most common reason for a “missing” mapi32.dll file is because it was accidentally removed.
- If you believe you’ve unintentionally deleted mapi32.dll but have already emptied the Recycle Bin, a free file recovery tool may be able to help you retrieve mapi32.dll.
- Scan your whole system for viruses and malware. Some mapi32.dll problems are caused by a virus or other malware infestation that has damaged the DLL file on your computer. It’s also conceivable that the mapi32.dll problem you’re seeing is caused by a malicious application impersonating the file.
Restart your computer software
Rebooting your QuickBooks Desktop software can also help you fix the quickbooks fix for crashing when try to receive payment error and some of these minimal errors. To reboot your QuickBooks Desktop software, you simply need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop completely.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Properties.
- Choose the Open file location option.
- Double-click the reboot file (reboot. bat) to open it.
- After that, the red command window will appear; do not close it.
- Restart your computer.
These are the steps that will help you reboot your QuickBooks Desktop software that will help you fix these minor errors like this QuickBooks keeps Crashing Error.
Contact customer service
Please note that using all the different solutions can help you resolve the quickbooks keeps crashing when emailing invoices error, but if in case you are still not able to fix this issue by using one of these methods, then you must talk to one of our customer representatives that are available at any hour of the day, to place a call you simply need to tap on QuickBooks Desktop Error Support and our representative will call you and will fix any issue related to QuickBooks Desktop software.
To conclude, QuickBooks Desktop software is one fantastic software that has always been loved by different categories of organizations, freelancers, small-scale industries, and some other small and medium-sized businesses. In this blog, you will learn more about the QuickBooks Keeps Crashing Error and some other important aspects related to the same, so please read the whole blog very carefully. I hope that this blog proves to be helpful and was worth your time.